Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2007, 11:27 PM

Default Messed up with AA

Okay I am questioning how I played this hand. I usually raise AA to at least 4xBB, but I really didn't want to fold out the BB doing this. I realize that this of course lets a huge range of hands in to see the flop. My reads on the villian was that he played top pair very aggresively. So when he over bet the flop I re-raised him. When he pushed all-in this is where I really didn't know what to do.

Ultimate Bet - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $21.34
BB: $8.42
UTG: $9.53
BTN: $8.91

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 Players)
2 folds, Hero calls $0.05, BB checks

Flop: ($0.20) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $0.90</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.90</font>, <font color="red">BB raises all-in to $8.32</font>, Hero calls $5.42

Turn: ($16.84) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

River: ($16.84) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $16.84 ($0.84 Rake)
Old 09-27-2007, 11:57 PM

Default Re: Messed up with AA

yeah, obviously raise preflop, a lot of times you only win the blind, but the times he calls pre and then folds the flop are extremely profitable. And, if he's the type to stack off with top pair, the raise sets him up to do it. If he has a trash hand he wont play for a raise you probably wont get much out of him postflop by "letting him in" and it'll break you when he finds a random two pair.

Also, assuming you called pre, lead the flop. As played, i'm pretty lost, too. Its hard to put him on a one pair K that 3bets given he didnt raise pre, unless he is really passive preflop and really aggressive postflop.

Edit: wow didnt notice his 4.5x overbet for some reason. Let it go, its gotta be K5 or Q5.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:05 AM

Default Re: Messed up with AA

no, poorly played on all streets. Raise preflop. Probably bet that flop not a huge fan of a check raise. His overbet is weird.