Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2007, 04:32 AM

Default Re: Kid Nation better be awesome...is it dangerous?

Yeah, they definitely went over the top with the challenges. If they maybe had one gold star they gave out at the end (instead of one each week) and did challenges maybe twice during the whole show and kept the host out and just let the kids try to run the town the rest of the time, it would be a lot more interesting.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone stick around for episode 2? Greg got robbed.

[/ QUOTE ]

They did a preview for show 3 and it looks like Greg blows up b/c he's so mad he didn't get the star. That's precisely why Michael deserved it over him. Michael will work just as hard next week, even though he (presumably) has no chance at a gold star, but Greg was only in it for the star. Kids like Michael give me hope that America isn't doomed in the future.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, they definitely went over the top with the challenges. If they maybe had one gold star they gave out at the end (instead of one each week) and did challenges maybe twice during the whole show and kept the host out and just let the kids try to run the town the rest of the time, it would be a lot more interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was worried introducing the gold star would hurt the dynamic of the game too much, and it appears I was right. A lot of kids are just putting in extra work so they can win the gold star. The challenges are also kind of boring also and just waste a lot of time. I'm hoping they give the kids a chance to vote for new council members soon b/c Taylor is just a snotty, little beeotch and a dude like Michael deserves a shot on the council.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was worried introducing the gold star would hurt the dynamic of the game too much, and it appears I was right. A lot of kids are just putting in extra work so they can win the gold star. The challenges are also kind of boring also and just waste a lot of time. I'm hoping they give the kids a chance to vote for new council members soon b/c Taylor is just a snotty, little beeotch and a dude like Michael deserves a shot on the council.

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is the first 4 to get the gold stars get to be on the council next. It's worth a try.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My guess is the first 4 to get the gold stars get to be on the council next. It's worth a try.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dunno about that. good theory...but i just think some of the council are doing a good enough job an have gained the respect of their peers that it wouldn't be smart. but then again, this show seems to just randomly introduce things so it will probably happen.

so what intrigued me last night was thinking about the casting for this show. greg talked about his work as a butcher. i'm sure that came up in interviews and was essential to his casting. its obvious now that the producers essentially created a group of 40 kids that could suffice together. there are animal experts from farms, butchers, probably other things im forgetting, and more we will learn about later. kinda lame.

the chicken situation would have been 100x more awesome if they didnt have such an expertise. oh well.

as for these kids trying to be all smart talking about needing the chicken for their protein...its funny because there are stacks of cans of beans and those kids probably only think there is protein in dead animal.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:46 PM

I don't understand the whole idea of Greg not deserving it because he was playing for it. Everyone there knew that winning a gold star was a possibility, and they all knew what they needed to do to win it. Greg was the only one that stepped up his game and tried to compete for it. I was getting the impression that Michael was just using this as a BS excuse because he didn't want to admit that he just doesn't like Greg.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand the whole idea of Greg not deserving it because he was playing for it. Everyone there knew that winning a gold star was a possibility, and they all knew what they needed to do to win it. Greg was the only one that stepped up his game and tried to compete for it. I was getting the impression that Michael was just using this as a BS excuse because he didn't want to admit that he just doesn't like Greg.

[/ QUOTE ]

i understand the point. at this point they all know what is at stake. but...i dont see it specifically as the time between the first and second town meeting or whatever they are called. so the poor first few days that greg displayed should still count against him this time around. eventually they will be forgotten, but compared to michael, he wasnt as deserving in my eyes.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Michael kicked ass in the first week too when there wasn't a prize on the line. Perhaps that is what swayed them.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:53 PM

btw, in case it wasn't obvious, the Michael my post was referring to is the red team council leader guy (his name is also michael right?)
Old 09-27-2007, 11:10 PM

Default Re: Kid Nation better be awesome.

I don't think I can watch. Kids that age are simultaneously awesome and horrible.