Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2007, 10:49 AM

Default NL400 - I suck at taking shots (2 hands)

NL400 5 players

Villain started short around $250 but basically got handed lots of money by flopping the nuts against TPTK and getting paid handsomely for it. He's minreraised me a few times pf and shown Aces each time. I'm pretty lost on turn here; I know he can have any pocket pair here, but is turn call spew? I can't imagine I can call river and see two sevens or KQ or something. Just looked too much like AT/AJ/AQ value-betting.

I have $350, Villain has me covered.

UTG folds, Hero raises to $14 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Villain (button) calls, SB folds, BB folds

Flop A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (Pot $34)

Hero bets $26, Villain calls

Turn 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (Pot $86)

Hero checks, Villain bets $32, Hero calls.

River Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (Pot $150)

Hero checks, Villain bets $64, Hero folds.

Hand 2:

Villain had $90 when I got there, now has $60, I have him covered. Is this a standard 3b/call shove sitch? I planned on check-raising him AI on most Axx flops and any Jxx flops.

2 folds, Villain raises to $12, Hero calls in SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], BB folds.

Flop A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero checks, Villain bets $12, Hero shoves, Villain calls.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:57 AM

Default Re: NL400 - I suck at taking shots (2 hands)

O crap I thought this was BBV, still couldn't help myself... both hands are fine if hes short in no 2, fold turn in hand 1 when it feels right.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:02 AM

Instacall hand one. The fold is horrible.

Are you really asking what you should do against someone with 15bb when you've flopped top pair in hand two? Seriously?
Old 08-20-2007, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Are you really asking what you should do against someone with 15bb when you've flopped top pair in hand two? Seriously?

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to give a range I beat on river in hand 1? I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a missed draw since he called the flop, nor do I feel something like A7/A5 fires a v-bet on the river. He really has a small pp here you believe?
Old 08-20-2007, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to give a range I beat on river in hand 1? I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a missed draw since he called the flop, nor do I feel something like A7/A5 fires a v-bet on the river. He really has a small pp here you believe?

[/ QUOTE ]
Firstly, people who minreraise AA preflop tend to be donks.
Aside from the cbet on the flop which could be done without an ace anyway, you've shown no real strength. Villain has no reason to suspect that you have an ace, so could easily be betting to steal the pot with air. A3, A4, A5 and A7 are definitely going to be in the range of a donk who's calling in position preflop, and people like that would certainly valuebet any ace, as top pair = the nuts. Also, it's not as if you only have A3 yourself.
I think you're good enough here to justify calling given the pot odds of ~3.3 to 1.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:24 AM

lol

call river hand 1; stack off whichever way in hand 2; preflop is ugly hand 2 though