Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2007, 04:40 AM

Default Re: Congrats to Bart Hanson

Congrats Bart, be sure to tease Francois and Dave with your early success! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-05-2007, 03:22 PM

vgg bartamus outstanding effort cannot believe they wont use you and dave as comentaters for their ft webcasts or even the audio coverage. listening to the comentaters they are using is just really annoying to anyone that knows thier poker they are just clueless think bostin would even be better (sorry bostin joke) anyway all the best for the rest of the series bart and dave and i`ll live in hope that you can somehow convince them to let you both give us the quality play by play that we all want

ps. would be nice to see a l@tb regular at every ft. corp mike losing heads up in one and throwing the table over would be nice. but i think the best thing i could ever imagine would be thats alan winning the main event. well if jamie gold can do it... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-06-2007, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Hanson shows AsTh , and Krause has QhQs. It's a race situation, and Hanson will need to improve to survive."

Race situation? Wtf?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was still a race situation, AT just started a bit further back.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Any news on whether Bart is going to pimp himself out to FT and wear their gear?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bart will attempt to do the deal himself after he rejected my offer to help him.

Alex Jacob will definitely be one of the 3 FullTiltPoker.net representatives given that he is the chipleader (at 3.1 million) and he had worked for FullTiltPoker.net at the 2006 ESPN Trump Taj Mahal US Poker Championship.

I have presented Andreas Krause of Stuttgart, GERMANY (one of the short stacks at 490K) and Paul Evans of Northern California (2nd chip position at 1.69M) to FullTiltPoker.net for consideration.

FullTiltPoker.net will select no more than 3, with Alex Jacob being a lock for one of the 3.

I will be pushing for Andreas Krause, who has a track record going back to the 2000 WSOP where he finished 2nd at a Stud High/Low event.

Germany is definitely a priority market for FullTiltPoker.net right now, with FullTiltPoker.net having just signed 2-time WSOP bracelet winner Eddy Scharf of Cologne.

[/ QUOTE ]

A quick follow-up:

The 3 FullTiltPoker.net sponsored players at the TV final table of Event 3 were Alex Jacob, Matt Vengrin (a FullTiltPoker satellite qualifier), and my German client Andreas Krause.

Bart's stack was way too short going into the final table so he was not a contender to get a logo sponsorship from FullTiltPoker.net.

As for Paul Evans, he chose to switch from me to Poker Royalty (Brian Balsbaugh, James Harris et. al.) as his agent a few hours after the TV bubble burst. Mr. Evans' decision ultimately cost him a sponsorship deal, as FullTiltPoker.net opted to avoid an agency dispute and offered the 3rd and final spot to Herr Krause instead.

(The ESPN telecast date and time for this event has been changed to July 10 at 9pm ET/6pm PT. The $5000 Mixed Hold'em event was shortened from 2 hours to 1 hour and the $1500 No Limit was moved up a week so that ESPN can air both the $1500 Pot Limit and the $5000 Pot Limit Omaha on July 17.)

Old 06-06-2007, 05:32 PM

First off I want to thank everyone for their warm words in this thread. My plan for this year's WSOP was to play in all of the holdem ESPN TV events (there is 9). After being one of the chip leaders early in the $5000 mixed event a had a few bad rounds of limit and was out. I was able to get a decent amount of sleep which prepared me for the mental grind of the $1500 event. Even though we started with double chips they removed several levels throughout the tournament. When we got down to 18 players the blinds and antes were so high there was no reason to raise pre flop less than all of your stack. I think I took a tighter approach at this time which lessen my value as my main priority was to make it to the TV table. I got lucky that when we were down to 10 two bigger stacks got into a confrontation and one was knocked out.

My interview with ESPN went extremely well the next day. We spent the entire half an hour talking about poker commentary and Live at the Bike. I also engaged in some friendly banter with Norman Chad which ended with him asking me to call out the final hand of the 2003 WSOP main event. I busted out the action of Farha's top pair vs Moneymaker's bottom two and I think he was impressed [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

I was a little concerned that I would not last long enough for them to use that B roll. However I was involved with the first all in hand. In fact Alex and I had a conversation during the hand about how I should do running commentary on my thoughts. I then said something like "If I was commentating I would say only a moron would fold this hand in this spot". I proceeded to suck out with Js 2s vs A T. Hopefully they'll run from that hand to my B roll.

I'm still going to play in the rest of the TV events. I got knocked out of the $1000 rebuy yesterday and am going to play in friday's $5000 PLH. After that there is a $3000NL, $2500 shorted handed event, $5000 HU NL and of course the main event. If I make a second final table I am sure the ESPN people will get real interested. Thanks again for all of your support. Dave just got into town and is playing the $2000NL today. Look for him in the results of upcoming tournaments as well.

Bart
Old 06-06-2007, 08:08 PM

Somebody employ Bart already.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:17 PM

Good luck Bart! This is X from the Mirage. Thanks for the advise. I'm hoping to come down there for the final event if everything goes as planned. I'm not as deep rolled as you guys so I've got to win a qualifier. If not, there's always next year [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-07-2007, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Somebody employ Bart already.

[/ QUOTE ]

Working on it.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:24 PM

sorry to jump on the thread so late. just a big CONGRATULATIONS to Bart for his FT showing!!
Old 06-13-2007, 02:42 AM

Crack, Where the hell ya been? Haven't seen you forever. PM me.