Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2007, 01:14 PM

Default Re: 2000th Post Spectacular (warning: includes pie, Allison Stokke NSF

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Were you trying to create your own inside jokes? I mean, I don't read OOT non-stop but, i dunno.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol well I didn't make any of them for this thread, if that's what you're getting at

[/ QUOTE ]
I think they lose a lot of their humor when taken out of context, but they were probably very funny in their original threads.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think they lose a lot of their humor when taken out of context, but they were probably very funny in their original threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and I mean they probably weren't ballbustingly funny in the first place. But I felt obligated to make some sort of... thing for my 2000th post, so I did lol. It was received better than I thought it would be [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] lol so I'm pleased
Old 05-29-2007, 01:25 PM

Has anyone noticed that the distribution of any definable population does not add up to 100%? It adds up to 100.5.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Is this the thread that NT was referring to when he locked the other Allison Stokke thread? If so, what was he thinking? That thread actually had a link to a mainstream media article that was probably of interest to most OOT posters, and thus was one of the better threads started on this board recently...although most of the responses were worthless.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I dont think NT actually read either thread
Old 05-29-2007, 03:32 PM

Default Re: 2000th Post Spectacular (warning: includes pie, Allison Stokke NSFW?)

QFMFLDO etc, much love

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dock Phillip Ellis, Jr. (born March 11, 1945, in Los Angeles, California) is a former professional baseball player who pitched for the Pittsburgh Pirates, among other teams. His best season was 1971, when he won 19 games for the World Series champion Pirates.

An All-Star caliber player, he became better-known for several bizarre incidents:

* Beaning Reggie Jackson in the face in apparent retaliation for Reggie's monstrous home run off Ellis in the 1971 All-Star game in Detroit.
* No-hitting the San Diego Padres on June 12, 1970 despite being, as he would claim in 1984, under the influence of LSD throughout the course of the game. Ellis has claimed that the ball actually talked to him during the hallucination, advising him which pitches to throw. Curiously, if his name is presented in roll call style, it reads "Ellis, D." (LSD).
* Attempting to hit every batter in the Cincinnati Reds lineup on May 1, 1974. In an effort to prove a point to teammates, Ellis hit Pete Rose, Joe Morgan, and Dan Driessen in the top of the first. The clean-up batter Tony Perez avoided Ellis' attempts, instead drawing a walk, and after two pitches aimed at the head of Johnny Bench, Ellis was removed from the game by manager Danny Murtaugh. Ellis' box score for the game reads: 0 IP, 0 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 0 K.
* On May 5 1972, Dock Ellis engaged in an argument with a security guard who barred him from entering through the players' gate at Cincinnati's Riverfront Stadium and then maced him. The guard maintained that Ellis had failed to adequately identify himself, "made threatening gestures with a clenched fist," and was carrying a half-empty bottle of wine. Ellis denied that he had intended to punch the guard or was holding a bottle of wine and claimed he was denied entrance (and maced) despite showing his World Series ring as proof of identity.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wtf?
Where did this come from, and how do I know nothing about it, literaly just read it by accident and was lmfao by the end of it.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:52 PM

It's from the Wiki entry for Dock Ellis, from the "How Crazy is Crazy Scott Olsen?" thread from Sporting Events, lol (another one of my gems [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])
Old 05-29-2007, 05:12 PM

Location: My Avatar is Cursed for my Teams. Please don\'t curse my burger.

excellent 2000th post
Old 05-29-2007, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

And here's an ugly chick with a disembodied head, just for good measure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugly? By OOT's silly standards, maybe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shes hot but shes like 13
Old 05-29-2007, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

And here's an ugly chick with a disembodied head, just for good measure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugly? By OOT's silly standards, maybe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shes hot but shes like 13

[/ QUOTE ]
She's probably a teenager, sicko. And no more than an 8 anyway.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:02 AM

Default Re: 2000th Post Spectacular (warning: includes pie, Allison Stokke NSFW?)

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't want to start another thread, so here goes.

Made a full-page story today over here in Australia. Sfhot.

I am not part of the problem, you just don't realise we love you