FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2007, 02:29 PM

Default Re: Top Five Players by position in the NBA

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So a healthy Baron isn't in the top 5?.... please

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not about a healthy Baron. Another way to look at it is if you had to draft a PG for the next 3 years, who do you take? Baron doesn't make the top 5 IMO given that he'll only play half the games and has general motivation issues and is a low% chucker deluxe.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a different question then in the op. If it is your question then I agree with it. OP said top 5 players by position and I'll take Baron over everyone besides Nash and probably Kidd.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's a different question at all. The question wasn't "if everything's perfect, including health and motivation, who do you want for one game". Though I still wouldn't put him in my top five. As someone else mentioned, may as well put Grant Hill in here.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:47 PM

mcgrady<<<manu??????????

you can't possibly justify that with anything... man the rockets would be a pretty bad team if they had manu isntead of t-mac
Old 05-12-2007, 09:54 PM

First thing I agree with you OB, I think Manu is a good player, efficient scorer but overrated. I don't think you can compare someone who plays more than 35 mpg.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:20 PM

I just don't see how Davis can be ahead of Parker on any PG list.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just don't see how Davis can be ahead of Parker on any PG list.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhh why not? Parker is pretty one dimensional. I'd say he's more of a 2 guard than an 1. Davis plays better D than Parker too.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:23 PM

lol @ davis being better than parker, buy into the hype much? its debatable whether hes even been better than deron in the series. check the numbers and win column. guy wins 1 playoff series and now hes like the best pg in the league? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Davis plays better D than Parker too.

[/ QUOTE ]
what? you act like baron davis is some kind of elite defender. both are ok on D, not liabilities, i have no idea what youre talking about.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:47 PM

Davis is a top 5 PG when he has missed an average of 26 games the past five seasons?

Uh, no.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:51 PM

Hopefully these playoffs have demonstrated why putting Vince Carter in your top 5 at any position is insane. It's a real shame. He surely has the talent.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:52 PM

rofl @ VC not being a top 5 SF. Why in the world must people consider to overrate small sample sizes just because it's the playoffs?
Old 05-15-2007, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol @ davis being better than parker, buy into the hype much? its debatable whether hes even been better than deron in the series. check the numbers and win column. guy wins 1 playoff series and now hes like the best pg in the league? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Davis plays better D than Parker too.

[/ QUOTE ]
what? you act like baron davis is some kind of elite defender. both are ok on D, not liabilities, i have no idea what youre talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if were trying to decide who is the better player, we look at T-Mac who has 0 series wins and 6 series losses in his playoff career, he is now the crappy player? Didn't think so. The last 2 series, B-Diddy has played like a top tier PG. I think talentwise B-Diddy is a top tier talent, he just is too injury prone, too stupid shooting most of the time.

I personally think B-Diddy is better than Parker. Parker is a good to the basket player. He really isn't anything special passing. He can't defend well, but he does penetrate well. B-Diddy definitely is a better passer. In the playoffs this year, he's gotten very lucky with his shooting which has for the most part been the weakest part of his game. He's also injury prone but I doubt SA would have many qualms with trading Parker for B-Diddy other than age and injury prone-ness.