Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2006, 10:15 PM

Default Jordan was overrated?

Old 03-28-2006, 11:16 PM

Default Re: Jordan was overrated?

if by over rated you mean took the game to a level that hasn't been seen since, then sure. If you are gonna say that Jordan is over rated, then you are also saying that DrJ was over rated, Abdul-jabar was over rated, Wilt was over rated, and that Russell was over rated
Old 03-28-2006, 11:39 PM

Is it possible for the consensus best ever at anything to be overrated?

Absolutely- you can be the best ever, but everyone says that no one will ever match or exceed you accomplishments that would likely be overrating you.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:13 AM

this is the worst poll ever

i hope people aren't already forgetting how [censored] money this guy was. more clutch than tiger, more moves than kobe or lebron, he destroyed the dreams of hall-of-famers who had the misfortune of playing in his era (see barkley, malone, stockton, payton, ewing, reggie, etc.)
Old 03-29-2006, 01:18 AM

Jordan maks all the current "stars" in the NBA (Kobe, etc.) look like talentless hacks.

I hate how in 10 years when the next generation of 25-35 year olds comes along they'll all rag on Jordan for being "over-rated", you could argue it's already started.

There are only 5-6 players even remotely in Jordan's league (and none of them currently play either btw)
Old 03-29-2006, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Jordan maks all the current "stars" in the NBA (Kobe, etc.) look like talentless hacks.

I hate how in 10 years when the next generation of 25-35 year olds comes along they'll all rag on Jordan for being "over-rated", you could argue it's already started.

There are only 5-6 players even remotely in Jordan's league (and none of them currently play either btw)

[/ QUOTE ]

Duncan is in Jordan's league, but he's the only current player I would put in the top 10 alltime.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:24 AM

Only people from LA think Jordan is overrated. The OP if from Cali, I'm guessing he's a Laker fan.

I've heard it for so long from huge Laker fans that Magic >> Jordan. Did Jordan have a guy on the level of Kareem or am I just missing something. Magic also had Worthy and others. Magic offensively was awesome, defensively, not so awesome.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:26 AM

Jordan did have Pippen, arguably the greatest SF ever.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:31 AM

Best SF ever? I think you could easily take that back. Pippen was good, maybe top 5 all-time, but best of all time is a huge stretch. What do you consider players like Lebron/Kobe/Tmac, are they 3s or 4s. I think Pippen was one of the best teammates ever, one of the best defenders at the 3 ever, I'm not sure of best SF ever. Not sure of a list either but Julius is going to have a good argument for that award.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:49 AM

How is he not overrated with these comments?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Did you watch MJ on SportsCentury, than start comparing him to everyone else? If so, only Jimmy Chitwood could compete with MJ.

[ QUOTE ]
more clutch than tiger, more moves than kobe or lebron

[/ QUOTE ]
Tiger Woods? The guy at 30 (still pretty young for golf), who many consider the best ever in his sport? Maybe, he is, but how are you so certain?

What are these 'moves'? Both Kobe & Lebron have comparable, and maybe superior (oh, no I didn't), ability at the same age.

Of course, I think MJ is overrated. People believe the gap between him and Kobe or Lebron, in terms of basketball ability, is much wider than it actually is.