Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2007, 01:02 PM

Default Re: Ex KGB agent poisoning

Settle down everybody.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:18 PM

compared on the "murdering" rate (by putin's vs bush's hand)...
are you americans so ****!?

you dumb americans (or some of you) want to play worldsheriff.. wtf do you think!?
you killed thousands of poeople and after that you say that your stupid cowboy is a better man than putin!?
Old 03-20-2007, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you watch to many movies, dude [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell that to the families of the dead guys Putin had killed. Must be a real horror movie for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

i told this because you have a distorted picture of russia.
all this wiseacres like politkowskaja (don't misunderstand me, her death was plaintive) wanted a democratic system and a better russia.
but they dreamed a dream of russia that will never become true..
again: you can't rule russia with such a democratic system...

and what the world today thinks about litwinenko is also a little bit contorted.. again, don't misunderstand me, his death too was plaintive, but he was a traitor and blackmailer... nothing more.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
all this wiseacres like politkowskaja (don't misunderstand me, her death was plaintive) wanted a democratic system and a better russia.

[/ QUOTE ]

You keep saying this, but there's absolutely no evidence that it's true. No one's ever tried a democratic system in Russia for any appreciable length of time. And given the horrific nature of basically every government that ever ruled Russia, it seems that maybe going in new directions would be a very good thing.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The old communists did not disappear. They turned into the new capitalists to take advantage of the political situation and became mega rich by buying public works at a ridiculous fraction of the cost. They will gladly use old communist tactics to consolidate power when it is seen as expedient.

[/ QUOTE ]
All very true.

[ QUOTE ]
The cardinal rule of dealing with communists: never trust a communist.

[/ QUOTE ]
But, as you said, those guys were not communists !
Old 03-20-2007, 11:41 PM

Default Who\'s being naive, Kay?

[ QUOTE ]

Bush doesn't commit state-sponsored murder.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Do you know how naive you sound, Michael? Presidents and senators don't have men killed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-21-2007, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The plot thickens.
[ QUOTE ]
Paul Joyal, 53, was shot several times as he returned to his home in the suburbs of Washington DC on Thursday...Four days before he was shot, Mr Joyal told NBC's Dateline television programme that he had struck up a friendship with the former agent during trips to London. In his interview, Mr Joyal said: "A message has been communicated to anyone who wants to speak out against the Kremlin - 'if you do, no matter who you are, where you are, we will find you and we will silence you - in the most horrible way possible'."

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That happened about 1.5 miles from my house. My mom knows the guy's wife, and he was one of my friend's CYO basketball coaches. Local police have tried to say it was a robbery attempt but I'm fairly sure thats BS even though this is an extremely high-crime county.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You keep saying this, but there's absolutely no evidence that it's true. No one's ever tried a democratic system in Russia for any appreciable length of time. And given the horrific nature of basically every government that ever ruled Russia, it seems that maybe going in new directions would be a very good thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

because i'm from kazakhstan, ex sowjet rupublic and i know the mentality and the history of this country better then you.
through the history there were some trials or wishes of a democratic system but it never worked out. never!

and please don't believe now that i'm putin fanboy or whatever. i told that he's actually a good politician and that the presidents before had also done "statesponsored" murder! it's russia!!!!
that's why i don't understand why you americans are so shocked of this news.

i'm sure that in america there were similar cases.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:08 AM

"Forget it Jake, it's Chinatown"

Guess you can't change some things....
Old 03-21-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

because i'm from kazakhstan, ex sowjet rupublic and i know the mentality and the history of this country better then you.
through the history there were some trials or wishes of a democratic system but it never worked out. never!

and please don't believe now that i'm putin fanboy or whatever. i told that he's actually a good politician and that the presidents before had also done "statesponsored" murder! it's russia!!!!
that's why i don't understand why you americans are so shocked of this news.

i'm sure that in america there were similar cases.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I wouldn't say that Americans are really shocked by all this. As you say, it's Russia. Disappointed and appalled though, definitely, and with good reason.

Your claims about democracy and Russia are still pure conjecture. Germany in 1945 had much the same record with democracy as Russia does now. I'm sure a lot of people said the Germans couldn't be governed democratically. But now they're a shining example of good democratic governance.