Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2007, 03:28 PM

Default Re: **Official uNL Stats thread**

[ QUOTE ]
Me over 60k hands (50k on NL$25 and 10k of NL$50)

vpip 21
pfr 11
WSF 39
Went to show down 29
won at show down 47

I'm a small winner 1 PTBBs (excluding rakeback).

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe too much limping preflop for my liking
Old 08-23-2007, 03:41 PM

Ok thx. Maybe my SB vpip of 40% factors into my 21/11 stats (limping)? 40% SB completion is high, no?
Old 08-23-2007, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you Xanta. I have already started to to try to follow your advice. However, I have to figure out which betsizes to use on these preflop starting hands - I beleive that one reason I run relatively good is that I use variying betsizes preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Happy to help. Sorry about the response time, haven't checked uNL in a while. Regarding preflop bet sizes, most of the advice that this message board will give out advocates a 4bb + 1 for every limper preflop. This amount is OK because it usually gets the pot heads up (making continuation betting way easier) and also doesn't make it impossible to get AI by the river just by bet-bet-betting. However, if your opponents aren't particularly observant (as is often the case at microlimits) you can deviate from that guideline to alter the pot size to your advantage. Examples:

1) At a particularly loose table (one where you have little chance of stealing), you might raise suited connectors a smaller amount that usual so that your stack to pot ratio on the flop is higher meaning that you'll have greater implied odds, which is sweet.

2) Against complete droolers raising big pairs 6-7bb + 1 per limper is cash money. Build that pot preflop so it's easier to stack'em later on.

3) With a hand like KQ UTG at a passive table, you might even not raise preflop at all to encourage worse kings limping behind and keeping you out of a big OOP pot with a hand that rarely makes monsters on the flop.

I hope you see what I'm getting at here. Different hands preflop have different ideal situations, number of opponents, pot sizes, etc etc. Ideally you'll want your preflop raise size to get you as close as possible to those ideal circumstances. However, against someone with a clue your preflop raise size gives them a lot of information about what you hold, which is way way more valuable for them than the ideal flop pot size is for you. This is why most of the forum uses 4bb + 1 per limper.

Sorry if I rambled, it's not terribly interesting stuff but it is important. Good luck changing up your game!
Old 08-23-2007, 05:27 PM

ive been looking at my stats, and i have one that concerns me...my VPIP in SB is 37.5%...but im not completing trashy hands...im usually raising if it folds to me in SB, and in limped pots im completing suited aces, suited kings, rarely suited queens (i can get away from TP pretty easy, just trying to get a big flop from it), and if the limpers are payoff wizards ill complete unsuited connectors too. recently plugged a leak of completing unsuited aces in multiway pots though

should i be concerned?
Old 08-25-2007, 03:20 PM

10k hands, figure id see how my stats are looking overall. besides the fact that im running good, how am i doing? i addressed the sb VPIP in above post, dunno if its an issue

Old 08-25-2007, 05:30 PM

Any comments appreciated, just started playing on UB a week ago. Anything I should consider changing in my game? THanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-26-2007, 10:04 PM

Hey fellas... any comments are appreciated. These are my first 11k hands I've ever played at 6-max... things seem to be going ok... Can you guys let me know if I'm playing well or running hot?

Old 08-28-2007, 01:46 PM

bump
Old 08-28-2007, 04:48 PM

my graph since moving up to 25nl 3 days ago.

Old 08-28-2007, 04:48 PM

cool stats