Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2006, 03:00 AM

Default Re: Almost there with Success and Failure (Long)

[ QUOTE ]
how do you actively pay attention to the cards of people at 8 tables and constantly put them on cards when all the screens keep blinking?

[/ QUOTE ]

nice bump....i bumped a post of YOURS though, degen, and it was a year old, so booya.

second off, i asked this when i was more of a n00b and people basically said you dont....search for other threads [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-06-2006, 03:21 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 08-06-2006, 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how do you actively pay attention to the cards of people at 8 tables and constantly put them on cards when all the screens keep blinking?

[/ QUOTE ]

nice bump....i bumped a post of YOURS though, degen, and it was a year old, so booya.

second off, i asked this when i was more of a n00b and people basically said you dont....search for other threads [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha nice, which thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

i believe it was when your "1 year of being a pro" thread was posted a couple months ago, and you had a link to your original "going pro" thread in there and i bumped the [censored] out of that [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2006, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a great post...if you want to create a bunch of suckers. And, judging from the responses, you're doing a spectacular job.

I got a great laugh out of the line:

"There are no successful people, or rather, using these words, I should say that there are no failures and everyone is a success."

[/ QUOTE ]

I see G's thoughts in two ways:

1) He may be saying that the journey is more important than getting from point A to B. In that case, if you learn and have fun along the way, then that is a success.

2) If you do want to measure your success by BB/100, BB/hr, ROI, etc then you still have to ignore those measures in order to reach them. This is what seems counter-intuitive, god-like or whatever to some of you.

Evaluating opponents with a detached outlook and playing them based on your reads and intuition (whether those reads and intuition are based on absorbing the math of shtloads of hands or are just a skill in and of itself doesn't matter, as long as you get to that point) is the path to playing well. And playing well will be a good journey as well as getting you to Point B.
Old 11-26-2006, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is a great post...if you want to create a bunch of suckers. And, judging from the responses, you're doing a spectacular job.

I got a great laugh out of the line:

"There are no successful people, or rather, using these words, I should say that there are no failures and everyone is a success."

[/ QUOTE ]

I see G's thoughts in two ways:

1) He may be saying that the journey is more important than getting from point A to B. In that case, if you learn and have fun along the way, then that is a success.

2) If you do want to measure your success by BB/100, BB/hr, ROI, etc then you still have to ignore those measures in order to reach them. This is what seems counter-intuitive, god-like or whatever to some of you.

Evaluating opponents with a detached outlook and playing them based on your reads and intuition (whether those reads and intuition are based on absorbing the math of shtloads of hands or are just a skill in and of itself doesn't matter, as long as you get to that point) is the path to playing well. And playing well will be a good journey as well as getting you to Point B.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to bump old threads, do it with this one. It was just bumped so you have to wait a few months.
Old 11-26-2006, 05:04 PM

microbet, that thread is awesome. great read.
Old 11-26-2006, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
microbet, that thread is awesome. great read.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the funniest threads Ive ever read [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 02-11-2007, 12:41 AM

life changing.
Old 02-11-2007, 01:58 AM

I'm glad this was bumped because somehow I missed it the first go around. Very inspiring. Thanks!
Old 02-11-2007, 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm glad this was bumped because somehow I missed it the first go around. Very inspiring. Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

if u missed it the first time, u missed it the other 451379251 times.