Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2006, 04:30 PM

Default $3/$6, Steal with A9o

Villain is 34/22/3.00 so LA-A by my standards
Hero is Button, Villain is SB

Hand ID 67126103
$3/$6 Texas Hold'em (Split Limit) - 16:20:00 23/10/2006 ET
** Dealing Down Cards **
Dealt to HERO: [9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
Fold
Fold
Fold
Fold
Fold
Fold
HERO: Raise ($6)
VILLAIN: Raise ($8)
Fold
VILLAIN: Call ($3)
** Dealing Flop **
Community cards: [2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
VILLAIN: Check ($0)
HERO: Bet ($3)
VILLAIN: Raise ($6)
VILLAIN: Call ($3)
** Dealing Turn **
Community cards: [6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
HERO: Bet ($6)
VILLAIN: Call ($6)
** Dealing River **
Community cards: [J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
HERO: Check ($0)
** End Round **

A Side note...does anyone know of a converter that does WPX hands correctly?
Old 10-23-2006, 04:45 PM

Default Re: $3/$6, Steal with A9o

I wouldn't cap pf even against this guy. As played 3betting the flop but checking that river doesn't make any sense.
Old 10-23-2006, 05:10 PM

If you can convince me he's laggy enough for you to play this aggressively, then I don't understand checking the river.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:14 PM

I think it is fine except bet the river for value after he simply calls. My feeling is he may have missed broadway. If he has TT or higher you look like you suck and a lot of people will start calling down your good hands and looking you up which has tremendous value. If you are making the right play you look strong which also has value. Making a steal attempt like this and then going check, check on the river is really weak. If you bet the river, and get raised you may consider folding to make it look like he caught a lucky jack on river, or you may consider raising to again look like you are crazy. Check, check is weak. Bet, call is weak too. If you are going to give up give up (fold) if you are playing the hand bet. dont go in between and check or call. That is BS.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you bet the river, and get raised you may consider folding to make it look like he caught a lucky jack on river, or you may consider raising to again look like you are crazy. Check, check is weak. Bet, call is weak too. If you are going to give up give up (fold) if you are playing the hand bet. dont go in between and check or call. That is BS.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is about as misguided as it gets. Closing the action HU on the river in a 12BB pot with a legitimate hand is not raise-or-fold. In fact a raise-or-fold mentality is pretty much retarded there.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't cap pf even against this guy. As played 3betting the flop but checking that river doesn't make any sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why wouldn't you cap this preflop? I don't play online but from what I understand those stats make him look like a maniac to me. To me this looks like a classic blind steal hand against a maniac in which A9 in position looks pretty good.

Also, I would bet the river for value most times
Old 10-23-2006, 08:43 PM

Capping preflop is pushing a very small edge (60/40 against 2 random cards). Meanwhile it allows him to c/c or c/r his better hands and c/f his worse ones. Calling allows us to raise when we hit (except when we hit an A and he misses, in which case we probably make more from calling his postflop cbets than we would from capping preflop) and call/fold when we don't (calling more often than not as ace high will often be good against his range).
Old 10-23-2006, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Capping preflop is pushing a very small edge (60/40 against 2 random cards). Meanwhile it allows him to c/c or c/r his better hands and c/f his worse ones. Calling allows us to raise when we hit (except when we hit an A and he misses, in which case we probably make more from calling his postflop cbets than we would from capping preflop) and call/fold when we don't (calling more often than not as ace high will often be good against his range).

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice post mate. I only got to the level of thinking that we probably have the best hand so we should push it. I didn't consider the postflop ramifications. I'll have to have a think about that.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you bet the river, and get raised you may consider folding to make it look like he caught a lucky jack on river, or you may consider raising to again look like you are crazy. Check, check is weak. Bet, call is weak too. If you are going to give up give up (fold) if you are playing the hand bet. dont go in between and check or call. That is BS.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is about as misguided as it gets. Closing the action HU on the river in a 12BB pot with a legitimate hand is not raise-or-fold. In fact a raise-or-fold mentality is pretty much retarded there.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are going to quote my posts do it accurately. I also suggest a reraise also. The point is not to just call or check, check. Thanks for the worthless, insulting post. Way to look at all the details troll.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:47 PM

lol how cute. Let me break down your own post for you since you don't seem to understand what you wrote:

[ QUOTE ]
you may consider folding to make it look like he caught a lucky jack on river

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
or you may consider raising to again look like you are crazy

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Bet, call is weak

[/ QUOTE ]

So given that you said you might consider raising or folding, but not calling, that is the very definition of raise-or-fold. Way to interpet valid criticism as trolling, oversensitive kid.