Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 06:53 PM

Default Re: 17 way chop - was it a good decision

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Juice is only $5 of the $25 buy in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh they're ONLY taking 25%? Play on

[/ QUOTE ]

20%

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, not sure actually. The way I read it, it's $25 total which meant $20 tourney with $5 fee...which would be 25% since the fee is generally stated as a percentage of the money applied to the prize pool only. If it's $25+5 then yeah it's 20%. I read it as a $20+5. (not that it matters, still too high, i just had to convince myself I didn't suck at math when I wrote 25%)

[/ QUOTE ]

I do the math differently, I consider the total amount I pay as the buy in and then do the calculatation accordingly. But yea, definitely a high juice.

[/ QUOTE ]

so it's actually a 20+5 then?
That's pretty lousy juice and even with really crappy opponents will still be difficult to overcome.
Yeah, I wouldn't play this again unless there is some sort of guaranteed prize-pool to it that leads to better value than what the 20+5 actually implies.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's guaranteed 4k, usually they have an overlay, that's why I was playing it, but with the holiday weekend there were enough players to cover.

Edit - that tournament was only guaranteed 2k, some of their 25 buy in tourneys are 4k guaranteed and some are 2k. I thought it was the 4k.