Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 04:07 PM

Default Re: Straight flush mucked at 200nl Foxwoods?

There is another part of this, is turning your hand face up before you make a decision illegal in a live cash game, I know it is in a trny I think its just a warning at the woods.

The hand plays , but kicks all around.

Be mad at the guy who said he had the str8 flush.the real rule that was violated is "one player to a hand"

TT's right the line, the muck, the stub are not magical places where cards go to die they have strict rules associated with them but cards can be retrieved in the interest of the game.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IMO....anyone who thinks the proper reaction to the Villains action(s) during this hand should be awarding him the pot, is a fool.

[/ QUOTE ]

In your opinion, anyone who thinks Villain was rightfully awarded the pot after the floor stood by a standard rule is a fool? Do you know how childish you sound and how ignorant you come off as?
Old 10-11-2007, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LESS importantly, lol @ heavy betting with second pair T kicker, and then taking that shot on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only does this have NOTHING to do with the topic at hand. Considering he was doing his best to fold his hand, and everyone at the table, including anyone of you if you were there, knew it. Then yea, pls teach me. You have no idea of eithers' table image, stack sizes, or ability to fold. So stfu if you're going to make pointless remarks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, seriously, you are embarrassing yourself.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LESS importantly, lol @ heavy betting with second pair T kicker, and then taking that shot on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only does this have NOTHING to do with the topic at hand. Considering he was doing his best to fold his hand, and everyone at the table, including anyone of you if you were there, knew it. Then yea, pls teach me. You have no idea of eithers' table image, stack sizes, or ability to fold. So stfu if you're going to make pointless remarks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was the guy gonna fold? Yes, probably.
Should the guy who said something have remained quiet? Yes, certainly.
Was the final ruling the correct one? Yes.

Long story short, shiznit like this happens in live poker. Lots of situations come up where somebody is gonna get the raw end of the deal and in this case it was you. Deal with it.

Online play can be just as bad. Your connection can randomly crap out in the middle of the hand costing you a huge pot. It sucks but it's just how things are.

Just be mature and move on. Play by the rules and be aware of your surroundings and actions to minimize stuff like this, but there are no guarantees.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:24 PM

"Honestly, your beef is with the Moron, not Villian, the floor or the dealer."

Doesn't this some it all up?
Old 10-11-2007, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, villian probably would have folded and the pot probably would have been yours, but it didn't happen. Someone saying something that they shouldn't happens all the time, it's unfortunate, but nothing you can do about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

PROBABLY???? W T F gives you ANY reason to think he is calling? Every single player at the tables was EMBARASSED that such a spewtard fish was shipped the pot. He didn't know what his hand was, so he did everything in his power to fold his hand. Who the [censored] says "I FOLD" after a hand anyways??? If anyone did that every time they fold they'd be mercilessly berated until they stopped. Although, that never happens, because NO ONE does that, it's so obviously pointless. ALSO, who kindly shifts their cards into the pile of muck???? The dealer scoops the dead cards into the muck EVERY hand, why would she not have this hand???? Just because some moron opened his mouth while he wasn't in the hand, I lose the pot to a complete donkey because the dealer hadn't scooped the cards yet???

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, you don't sound like you're venting at all....
Old 10-11-2007, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wish dealers at FW would all grab mucked river cards and bury them quickly. Some do. Most don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

A couple of weeks ago, with broadway on the board (no flush possible). It goes check, check on the river. The first guy flips his cards face up -- other guy shakes his head and push his cards forward (over the line). The dealer just sits there and does nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

In this situation I won't turbomuck. I will give him a beat to reconsider, then casually bring his cards in (but not too slowly). There are dealers I work with who give reads during a hand, though, so no guarantees on what you get when you sit down.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In a perfect world, the dealer should have immediately asked the player to clarify his action: "sir, are you calling or mucking?".

[/ QUOTE ]

Dingdingdingding. This is exactly what should have happened. But, it didn't.

When I first read the OP, I got a little tense and thought some foul language. I'd be crapping bricks if this happened during my down. However, in my room and in many rooms, this hand would be totally and completely 100% live.

Numbers, that you're still fuming over this a year later (and in no way do you put Hero as the JT if it's not you or a friend) is more indicative of a problem with your game. That you're arguing with people stating simply how things work even moreso. You seem to want to put the blame everywhere except where it belongs.

(Hint: in truth, nobody is to blame, we don't live our lives seeking justice; it's a crappy situation, you got shafted a little, oh well, move on.)
Old 10-11-2007, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do I need to know about table image ? Trying to angle shoot your way into winning with the worst hand puts you in the category of douche. The added bonus of getting deeply invested with JT is just icing on the cake [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

A bluff (that worked) is a foreign concept to you? Stop trying to take shots at peoples' play in a B+M forum. Stick to the real topic.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:52 PM

(w/o reading any other replies)...

cards not in muck = live hand; verbal binding but "you had me until the river" and pushing cards forward is not binding." he had not folded yet. therefore he was free to call.
Closed Thread