Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2007, 02:47 PM

Default Top two multi way pot

No reads on villian. What sort range do we put him on?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

Hero (SB): $24.75
BB: $52.90
UTG: $25.05
CO: $9.90
BTN: $24.90

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25, BTN calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.15, BB checks

Flop: ($1.25) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.25</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $1.25, CO folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $5.50</font>, Hero ???
Old 07-24-2007, 03:02 PM

Default Re: Top two multi way pot

dont think he has a set. he would have raised preflop.
My guess is that the only thing that you have to be worried about is the straight. unfortunately for you 910 seems very likely in this case.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:28 PM

A set is unlikely unless its 88. What are you going to put him on 109?

I say a poosh here is g00t.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:29 PM

A set would have raised pre in this position, so the only hand we're worried about is 910. I think that's a small enough part of Villans range to safely call and then re-evaluate on the turn. I think we're good here enough of the time to try and get it all in on the turn.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:31 PM

this def is a push or fold situation... I´m pushing but expection to be beat a good proportion of the time if villain calls. you always have 4 outs...
Old 07-24-2007, 03:36 PM

I can see this as a push or fold situation can make an argument either way 910 is a large part of villans range but so is J8 /Q8/ combo flush draw.

Anyone like call flop check/raise all in on a safe turn card?
Old 07-24-2007, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can see this as a push or fold situation can make an argument either way 910 is a large part of villans range but so is J8 /Q8/ combo flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

the problem here is that you have no idea where you are at in the hand if you call flop. villain might already have a made hand and the money is going to go in anyways. there are just too many cards that might come off that kill you action or that give villain the opprtunity to bluff you off your hand.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:49 PM

he could have many hands: AQ/AJ/JT/J8/KT/AdXd... You limped PF so in his mind, even if you paired, he might have plenty FE because you likely don't have top kicker.

I push...

monkeymaps: What is a safe turn? If he's on a draw he'll check behind and we give him two cards... If he's got a set/straight we are spewing with a c/r.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the problem here is that you have no idea where you are at in the hand if you call flop. villain might already have a made hand and the money is going to go in anyways. there are just too many cards that might come off that kill you action or that give villain the opprtunity to bluff you off your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you just seems a push on flop here doesnt get called by a worse hand often but I cant fold here so I prob push.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he could have many hands: AQ/AJ/JT/J8/KT/AdXd... You limped PF so in his mind, even if you paired, he might have plenty FE because you likely don't have top kicker.

I push...

monkeymaps: What is a safe turn? If he's on a draw he'll check behind and we give him two cards... If he's got a set/straight we are spewing with a c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]

my thought was we have a much bigger equity edge on a blank turn and the money goes in. I made the assumtion that villian would bet turn given his flop raise. It is risky but think the times that we are called we will be in better shape then the times our flop push is called if that makes any sense.

Thinking flop push is prob better though.