Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Castration or amputation?
Amputation 7 17.07%
Castration 26 63.41%
Results Please 8 19.51%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-13-2007, 03:16 AM

Default Re: Draw HH Tracker

ON: Btw im using win Vista right now and havin probs with pokeroffice and its livetracker/table overlay, is this going to be a problem here u think?

OFF: duffy; ever tested the waters @ Boss network?
Old 05-13-2007, 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you think the software will hurt the game you should prolly not sell it to no one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course this software is going to hurt the game. It's draw we're talking about. A very small player base, and an easy game with a huge edge over bad players. The serious players are going to get this software, and improve their game (that's why they get it). So there is going to be less edge to be found against other serious players (which are the ones you play the most).

Also, these serious players are now going to take more money faster from the bad players, who will then get (even more) slaughtered rather than milked, so more of them will stop playing, and eventually make the game worse for all the serious players.

So I think we have a lose-lose situation here, except for the bad players who stop playing...

The question is not whether the games are going to get worse or not, but by how much. In the best scenario, they will only get slightly worse. In the worst scenario, we get in a downward spiral where all, or almost all, bad players have disappeared.

Of course, that's almost the case already at Stars, so there the most pronounced effect will probably be the reduction of edge opportunities against other serious players.

It's going to be a (much) tougher, and less profitable game, especially at Stars. So I don't understand the people that are happy, and even excited, about this software. And I do not understand DOMIT. I am pretty sure that he would get more money out of this project (in the long run) by keeping it to himself... Maybe he's looking for recognition within the community. Well, I think that he is doing the community a disservice.
Old 05-13-2007, 01:08 PM

I don't think Domit is trying to do anything wrong. We could do this. Each copy costs 10,000 dollars, me, bigpooch, beach-whale, and big limpin all get a copy for free. Domit gets to use it to.

I think that's a deal.

Domit can, if he wants, not release it.
Old 05-13-2007, 01:16 PM

video killed the radio star
Old 05-13-2007, 03:55 PM

OFF:You mean Boss Media(or IPN)? I just registrated there [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Not for 5Draw - it hasn't there [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I'm interesting in Omaha PL
Old 05-13-2007, 06:11 PM

How about these ideas?
-He releases it just for non-Pokerstars sites, so the stars games will still be alive.
-He releases a limited version for less money. No HUD, and you can only keep track of your own stats.
-We all pay Domit $50 to not release it.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think Domit is trying to do anything wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm certain he's not trying to do anything wrong. My bad if it sounded like that was what I was saying.

But nonetheless I'm pretty certain that what he's doing will BE a bad thing.

Maybe he hasn't thought things through, or maybe he just disagrees with me, or maybe his thoughts are taking routes completely different from mine...
Old 05-13-2007, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
video killed the radio star

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly, but if I do, my response is that sure, one has to adapt, but I'd prefer NOT to have to adapt to new situations that are worse than the old ones.

Especially, I'd rather avoid CREATING new situations that are worse than the old ones...

Having to work harder for less (or even the same) is something I'd rather avoid. And that's what I see happening eventually with this software in widespread use. (And in draw, widespread isn't really that much...)
Old 05-13-2007, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How about these ideas?
-He releases it just for non-Pokerstars sites, so the stars games will still be alive.
-He releases a limited version for less money. No HUD, and you can only keep track of your own stats.

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, I'd rather see it released ONLY for Stars, as I don't play there much anyway... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

And on another note, I actually think that the sites should ban all use of HUD software... I mean, the essence of poker, if anything, IS reading your opponents... Having software automatically make reads (however crude they may be) is not (much) better than having a bot play automatically for you...

Just my 2c.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How about these ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, I'd rather see it released ONLY for Stars, as I don't play there much anyway... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

And on another note, I actually think that the sites should ban all use of HUD software... I mean, the essence of poker, if anything, IS reading your opponents... Having software automatically make reads (however crude they may be) is not (much) better than having a bot play automatically for you...

Just my 2c.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your 2c isnt worth the coper needed to make the pennies however. A HUD only levels the playing field between the B&M environment, and the online world. In B&M games you can determine a player profile rather quickly, in online games complicated without at least some history. A Hud allows you to develop a theoretical read, all softwares that provide a read for a player has been banned because its the equivalent of a bot. Remember a HUD doesn't provide a read, it provides numbers which lets the player develop his or her own read.

Also remember without poker tracker we would all be screwed, we are required to track our session level winnings/losses according to the IRS. Poker Tracker is actually encouraged by every site i am aware of, and to date there is only one site that is anti-HUD, do the math - its logical.