Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Notre Dame 8-1
1 0 0%
2 1 2.78%
3 1 2.78%
4 0 0%
5 1 2.78%
6 2 5.56%
7 2 5.56%
8 11 30.56%
9 5 13.89%
10 13 36.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2007, 04:04 PM

Default Re: AP Visit: I\'m going to Costa Rica

Good for you Nat. I don't think you'll discover anything they don't want you to, but still good nonetheless.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:04 PM

All,

I think after all the great, great work Nat has done for free (actually at a large opportunity cost), he deserves your strong benefit of doubt on his motivations/integrity.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1. The known cheating accounts are the exclusive domain of the auditors. I cannot access that data. Other than that, I've been told I can see whatever I want.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you clarify whether or not this includes personal data of the 99% of players on AP who haven't cheated?
Old 10-23-2007, 04:07 PM

Woops, the answer was posted after I started to post.

Fwiw I trust Nat 100% to do a great job on this. I just don't trust AP to give him what he needs.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A couple of things I forgot to mention...

1. The known cheating accounts are the exclusive domain of the auditors. I cannot access that data. Other than that, I've been told I can see whatever I want.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does this mean exactly?

How do you think you can perform any task if you cant see the information pertaining to these accounts?

[/ QUOTE ]

it means that the data has been isolated while under investigation so that ppl can't change/setup alibis to the auditors findings... pretty std

[/ QUOTE ]

If nat is going to report back to the poker community then he'd damn well better be able to see the information about the cheaters, otherwise whats the point in this?

So he can tell us how sorry AP are, how they're going to change their stripes but no information on how long the accounts have been cheating, how much they took, how it was done, how vulnerable AP are to a repeat/etc, ie no important info whatsoever beyond how nice the hookers+coke are?

I mean I can understand having nat sign a NDA about this until the auditing company is done, but denying him access to this info reeks.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:09 PM

It would be ridiculous for Nat to be harmed in anyway by AP after posting a thread here ...if he were to somehow get hurt in CR we would all know what happened (knock on wood) and the backlash on AP would be insane

side note: thanks Nat, the poker community already owes you a ton
Old 10-23-2007, 04:09 PM

1. I'm sure AP will put on their best face. I don't expect them to be like "oh, you caught us" when I ask for something. I'm not going to let them know why I ask for anything and I will do a lot of investigating there without explanation at all. I have a lot of ways to corroborate what they're telling me.

That being said, I'm a 25 y/o kid. Am I really expected to be able to catch them in lies and coverups? It's going to be hard, if, in fact, that is what's going on.

2. I am not going to bring back names and pictures. Both before and after this scandal, US people there are sensitive to having their information all over the place. It is not relevant to the issue at hand.

3. I plan on offering them a fair amount of advice on how I think they should handle things from here on out. Anything from letting people independently test hand histories (observed) to getting a forum representative like ftpdoug on here. I think this could make AP a much better site down the line if they have truly cleaned up their act (yet to be seen).

I don't have a vendetta against AP in particular. I want them to pay for what they did, clean up and hopefully get back whatever credibility they once had.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:12 PM

i'm going to guess that they are paying you 10k.

i would take the 10k and give it to the charity they ripped off - maybe have a little press conference with the charity staff accepting one of those huge checks.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

I think after all the great, great work Nat has done for free (actually at a large opportunity cost), he deserves your strong benefit of doubt on his motivations/integrity.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. Do you people actually think Nat started this investigation with the intent of it being a money making venture? He has done a hell of a job exposing this mess and we should all be grateful IMO.

I don't have any specific questions, but I think by being around the operation for a week you should be able to get a good feel for how genuine the effort is to clean up the site. And if they do just try to show you a good time and get in your good graces, from what I've seen you have the integrity to be able to see through that and would report as such.

GL, and I look forward to the report.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:15 PM

They said they will show Nat how the cheating was done. Nat has enough software savvy to know if what they are telling him is a line bull. This is going to be interesting.

Thanks and good luck,
Cro