Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2007, 12:34 PM

Default Re: Friend is late for everything

I am exactly this person. I never look at the clock. It might take me 5 minutes to meet somebody or 3 hours if I get sidetracked by a book or something.

I'm also horrible at returning phone calls, emails, etc.

I just try to tell people that I'm bad with time and that they shouldn t feel the need to wait for me; if I make it, I make it, if I don t ....

Also, I avoid making definite plans. Instead I'll say, "Maybe I'll meet you for dinner on Tuesday. I might call at 4 pm, but don t hesitate to make other plans."

I don t know what the big deal is, but I know most people are touchy about punctuality so I do make an effort, but mostly just regress to the old ways. It's like what Hassan i Sabbah said about how nothing is true and everything is permitted; in the end being late is equivalent to being on time when viewed from the perspective that it makes no difference where your once animated dust ends up.

Edit: lol. I just read Garcia's link. That's what people do to me.. They "trick" me by saying let's meet at 7, for example, when they know I'll show by 9, which is the real time they want to meet. I laugh at this so much. It is a good strategy and is easy on us late, pathetic bastards.