Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2007, 11:16 PM

Default Re: Like Doyle says: Never double up a short-stack donk in an unraised

Ok, I just did the math. Assuming that we are either chopping 3 ways or losing to 69. If our opponet has 69 more than 10.62355658% of the time this call has -ev.
Old 05-27-2007, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Sure I'm playing oop with a weak ace, but it's for a small pot against weak opponents (open limpers) generally and the pot's only going to get big if I want it to, generally speaking.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is interesting that you think that you have this much control over the pot-size when playing OOP. I think that this thought process is your actual leak.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're giving a little too much respect to open limpers at 100nl. Also, the fold button does work post flop too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure it does. Folding keeps the pot real small, I'm sure...

My point is that if the guy in position wants a big pot, there isn't a [censored] thing you can ever do about it, no matter how much your post-flop skills pwn.

If the guy in position wants a SMALL pot, and YOU want a big pot, again, you're screwed, because he's just going to call when you lead instead of raising, or won't bet if you go for the C/r, etc.

A bad player in position controls the pot size better than a good player OOP.
Old 05-27-2007, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Sure I'm playing oop with a weak ace, but it's for a small pot against weak opponents (open limpers) generally and the pot's only going to get big if I want it to, generally speaking.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is interesting that you think that you have this much control over the pot-size when playing OOP. I think that this thought process is your actual leak.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're giving a little too much respect to open limpers at 100nl. Also, the fold button does work post flop too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure it does. Folding keeps the pot real small, I'm sure...

My point is that if the guy in position wants a big pot, there isn't a [censored] thing you can ever do about it, no matter how much your post-flop skills pwn.

If the guy in position wants a SMALL pot, and YOU want a big pot, again, you're screwed, because he's just going to call when you lead instead of raising, or won't bet if you go for the C/r, etc.

A bad player in position controls the pot size better than a good player OOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't necessarily say I can grow the pot from the sb at will. I said the pot is only going to get big if I want it to. Else, I fold. I'm real good at folding, esp oop.

Look, it's not that I don't understand what you're saying, I do. I actually think that positional awareness is one of my strong points. My point is that the idea that limping in with a weak ace is going to put me in some horribly sticky spots against some loose passive open limping 100nl donkey isn't one that I'm going to lose sleep over because it's just not going to happen.

FWIW, I am losing .01 bb/hand in multi-way limped pots from the sb over my last 75000 hands. So, it seems that, thus far, it has proven to be a leak.

I've apparently limped in 78 times under these circumstances so I'll need to win a $15 pot to bring it back into the green or black or whatever the accounting types call it.

Also, the only other aces that I'm losing with in this spot are A2o and A5s. A3, A4, suited and unsuited are both winners in my db.