Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 07:54 PM

Default 3/6 Online, anyone finding a fold preflop ?

MP 1 is the aggro donk from my previous post. For anyone not familair with that, he is raising/3bettting most anytime he gets a chance. Earlier he capped 9 high on all street against my top set, he had no draw at any time.

Preflop: Hero is in the SB with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

1 fold, UTG+1 calls, 1 fold, MP1 raises , MP2 calls, 3 folds, Hero calls from SB, 1 fold, UTG+1 3 bets, MP 1caps, MP 2calls, Hero, UTG+1.

Flop (17sb) 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks.

Turn (8BB) K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 bets, 1 fold, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

River (69.00) 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP bets, 1 fold, UTG+1 calls.

Super standard ? Or should I have seen the UTG+1 pre flop limp reraise for a trap.
I did consider it to be a trap at the time and would have proceeded with caution no matter what I hit. it was one of those dumb moments where you do not know what you are happy floopping, besides the nutz
Old 09-21-2007, 08:20 PM

Default Re: 3/6 Online, anyone finding a fold preflop ?

i probably would raise pf, not for the lag but to try to define the other players hands, namely UTG+1. as played i would surely donk turn and take it from there
Old 09-21-2007, 08:32 PM

I would probably raise pf too, not to define any hands but to try to fold out utg+1 and possibly get things heads up or at least 3 way with mp1 and mp2. It seems like mp1 isn't getting much respect so it's hard to get any kind of read on the other players when they play back at him. I think it's safe to say that you have the best hand when it gets to you pf though. mp2 would likely have raised a better hand. It's hard to put utg+1 on a hand though since he could make this play against mp1 with lots of hands. You've got to call after it's capped though, too much money with too much equity.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems like mp1 isn't getting much respect so it's hard to get any kind of read on the other players when they play back at him.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I hadn't been at the table long, this is what I was trying to figure out.
I found myself many times in positions where I had marginal hands that I should have been iso raising the aggro donk with, as I felt they were ahead of hsi range, but there were too many limpers in for 2 bets to clear the field. Instead I found myself tightening up until I could figure out what they were playing back at him with.

Sadly the donk busted (56BB in less than 40 mins) and the table broke before I could figure out what was really happening.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:48 AM

Grunch:
I would threebet preflop. Calling I think is ok, folding wouldn't cross my mind.I think three betting should thin the field a bit,down to MP1 and MP2, and if not ajs still plays well with this field.

As it played with UTG+1 doing the limp reraise, I would be concerned about AA, but it's player dependant, some just like to raise it up into a big pot and field when they are suited. If you did threebet preflop and he capped I would be extremely suspicious of aces.

Granite
Old 09-22-2007, 03:11 AM

Dude.

Sometimes I get bored and just go all in every single hand at some tiny NL game

It takes retards like an hour and a half before they realize that limp-folding isn't working for them.

We need reads on UTG1

If he's really a good player than you can be somewhat cautious(wtf how do you spell this word) but without a solid read I'm like OMG RERAISE at my monitor
Old 09-22-2007, 04:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i probably would raise pf, not for the lag but to try to define the other players hands, namely UTG+1

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I would probably raise pf too, not to define any hands but to try to fold out utg+1 and possibly get things heads up or at least 3 way with mp1 and mp2

[/ QUOTE ]

This is all nonsense. If you're 3betting pf it's for value. Wait, you're up against a maniac, an open-limp, and a guy who refused to 3bet a maniac. Yep, it's for value. 3bet preflop.
Old 09-22-2007, 05:13 AM

srsly, not to mention I like watching people limp fold.

It's like haha in yo FACE WOMAN
Old 09-23-2007, 03:35 AM

3-bet preflop. As played BET THE TURN. The pot is large, you have a MONSTER draw with up to 15 outs and most of those outs are to the nuts. Get your money in there now!

note - not 3-betting pre-flop is a small mistake. Not betting the turn is a huge mistake.
Old 09-23-2007, 05:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3-bet preflop. As played BET THE TURN. The pot is large, you have a MONSTER draw with up to 15 outs and most of those outs are to the nuts. Get your money in there now!

note - not 3-betting pre-flop is a small mistake. Not betting the turn is a huge mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you betting the turn for value, for protection if you ace high is good, or to clean up outs? (Of course it's probably not exclusively one reason but is anything the primary reason?)