Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2006, 02:06 PM

Default Re: Does this guy deserve a beatdown?

[ QUOTE ]
Ooooo your 14 year old daughter smoked pot. Holy [censored]! Now shes [censored] for life!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes omg how horrible. She smoked pot, damn dude, I feel so sorry for you man, she needs counseling IMMEDIATLY.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:19 PM

wow. Even considering calling the cops or beating down this guy makes you a gigantic ass IMO. The dealer didn't trick her to trying pot or anything. I'm sure her and her friends seeked HIM out.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:26 PM

uh, how about instead of worrying about the guy who sold them the drugs and blaming him, you worry about your daughter and what you can do for her.

If you know his name and that he sells drugs, then report him to the police.

The fact your instincts are to blame him and then post on a message board asking for advice on whether or not you should beat him up, go a long way towards explaining why your 14 year old daughter smokes pot.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:36 PM

Talking to your daughter is important, but if I remember my youth correctly, it will do no good.
Most likely he is not some big dealer just an idiot doing a favor for his cousin. I would let the father/mother of the girl who got the drugs know about it and let their family handle it.

Also take the X and post trip report.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:43 PM

it's weed, tylenol is more dangerous than weed is
Old 11-14-2006, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's weed, tylenol is more dangerous than weed is

[/ QUOTE ]

The weed isn't really a problem, OP. Kids are going to do it, and there's nothing you can do about it. The X on the other hand, is very dangerous and you should research this and discuss it with your daughter when you calm down.

Also, 2 points mentioned above bear repeating. First, if you report this to the police, the first question they're going to ask is how you know. Enjoy answering that. Second, your daughter, her cousin, and their friends sought out these drugs. Deal with that, not the guy who sold them.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The weed isn't really a problem, OP. Kids are going to do it, and there's nothing you can do about it. The X on the other hand, is very dangerous and you should research this and discuss it with your daughter when you calm down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dad : Now hunny, this is VERY dangerous. It's too hardcore a drug for you to try, it wrecks people lives.

Daughter: Omg daddy, I'm so sorry. I love you so much, I didnt even want to smoke the weed daddy they made me.

A day later

Friend : Hey [so n so], we're all getting way drunk tonight and popping E, you in?

Daughter : you know it.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:59 PM

You could smoke a load of pot around her next time she has friends over, act like a crazy knife wierlding lunatic and poo on her bed whilst chanting- you see what drugs do to people.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:16 PM

So how often have you talked to your daughter about drugs and your expectations about her behavior before this happened?

Everyone here will flame me, but oh well. There's a thin line between success in life and a path that leads no where.

Your daughter is 14, and she was getting high at school. If she's running with a crowd who is concentrating on partying and where the next score is, it jeopardizes her being on the path to success. Sometimes it takes one mistake, one time of being in the wrong place at the wrong time to really screw a person up for a long time. Running with this crowd increases your daughters chances of this happening.

Now, I fully acknowlege that plenty of people smoke pot and are perfectly successful. However, there are plenty of others who lose their way and never achieve what they might have in life.

I have kids the same age. Last year we discovered that some of the kids my son was hanging with one day a week after school were experimenting.

We sat our son down and made it clear in no uncertain terms that he will not be allowed to run with kids who are making bad decisions. I am serious as a heart attack. I told him I would pull him out of school and send him somewhere else if that's what it took. We are the parents, and we will not allow him to get on the wrong path at this age in life.

He either chose to hang with his friends who weren't smoking, drinking, whatever or I would make that choice for him. Granted, we had it easier because he was not experimenting himself and doesn't want to mess with drugs.

I'm not naive. I grew up in the late 70's early 80's and made plenty of bad choices myself.

If I can prevent my kids from throwing away opportunities or getting distracted from what's important in life, nothing - seriously nothing - will stop me from making that choice.

Fourteen is too damn young. She had X. What is it going to do to her future when she's at a party with everyone whacked and ends up getting raped when things get out of control?

Let the family of the 21 year old deal with him.

Get serious about getting your daughter back on track. She needs you. Help her make good decisions so she can have the best life possible.

You're lucky you now know what is going on with her. Find a way to turn that boat around now.

The Poker Mom
Old 11-14-2006, 03:26 PM

If you'd done a good job raising your daugther, she'd be too smart to get caught smoking weed at school. Make sure to teach her how to filter her pot smoke thru a toliet paper roll with fabric softner before sending off to the college dorms for god's sake.