Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 06:45 PM

Default Re: PokerFink\'s NFC Rankings (Week 10)

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I could see that. Man, Panthers have a brutal schedule. They should beat SF, but other than that, the worst team left on their schedule is Seattle. Yeesh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nay, they get New Orleans. If you think New Orleans is better than Seattle, then I don't know what to tell you.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd move Detroit over Washington and Chicago over Carolina for sure and maybe even over Philly.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL at Chicago over Philly. Good one.

Philly has 3-4 wins left on their schedule. Probably closer to 3.

Chicago has maybe 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe 2???

Set the line at 2. I take over, you take under. 2 is a push. Bet?

99,420 and counting

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd take the under on 3, but 2 is definitely a bad bet. If I could get +110 on under 2.5 I think I'd take it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I probably should have said "most likely" and not "maybe", because I think 2 is the most likely win total the remainder of the year. They're most likely only going to be favored in two of those games (vs. Denver, vs. NO), and those will be close.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd take the over 2.5 for even money if anyone is interested.

99,416 and counting
Old 11-15-2007, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd move Detroit over Washington

[/ QUOTE ]

Every week I think about this and every week I decide that Washington is still the better team and still has the tiebreaker over them.

[ QUOTE ]
and Chicago over Carolina for sure and maybe even over Philly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see Chicago over Carolina, I did consider that. They're really close. The playoff odds report have them both at 6.5 estimated wins. I don't see Chicago over Philly. Philly is a much better team, and by comparison has 7.4 estimated wins.

[ QUOTE ]
Oh and great call on Sf earlier.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL which one? When I called them a wildcard team at the beginning of the year or called them the worst team in the league after like 5-6 weeks? =)

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest, when I reponded I forgot about the "uniqueness" of your power rankings and I was just saying which team I thought was better and not which would finish higher.

Oh and I was being sincere...I only remember you calling SF a horrible team back when many people thought they were still decent.

99,415 and counting
Old 11-15-2007, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I could see that. Man, Panthers have a brutal schedule. They should beat SF, but other than that, the worst team left on their schedule is Seattle. Yeesh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nay, they get New Orleans. If you think New Orleans is better than Seattle, then I don't know what to tell you.

[/ QUOTE ]

No you're right. I must have glazed over NO.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd move Detroit over Washington and Chicago over Carolina for sure and maybe even over Philly.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL at Chicago over Philly. Good one.

Philly has 3-4 wins left on their schedule. Probably closer to 3.

Chicago has maybe 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe 2???

Set the line at 2. I take over, you take under. 2 is a push. Bet?

99,420 and counting

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd take the under on 3, but 2 is definitely a bad bet. If I could get +110 on under 2.5 I think I'd take it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I probably should have said "most likely" and not "maybe", because I think 2 is the most likely win total the remainder of the year. They're most likely only going to be favored in two of those games (vs. Denver, vs. NO), and those will be close.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd take the over 2.5 for even money if anyone is interested.

99,416 and counting

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's do it up. I'm not a high roller like you, but I'm up for $50 on under 2.5 wins.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But it was the defense that let them down - the Skins simply had no answer for Brian Westbrook.

[/ QUOTE ]

They never do [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1 Cowboys
2 Giants
3 Packers
4 Saints

Too much hate on Giants + Saints.

[/ QUOTE ]

besides the fact that the rankings don't work this way, how can you rank the Giants above the Packers when the Packers beat the Giants, have played a tougher schedule, have a two-game better record, and after last week, are probably playing better football right now.

Also, how can you rank a 4-5 team that just got beat handily at home by a consensus bottom three team in the #4 spot?
Old 11-16-2007, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I'd tell you that NO beat SEA in Seattle. Easily. The game wasn't even as close as the score (28-17) indicated.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I'd tell you that NO beat SEA in Seattle. Easily. The game wasn't even as close as the score (28-17) indicated.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know what to think about this team anymore. They can't play defense but that shouldn't be news to anybody. I thought they'd solved their offensive problems but once again the offense went back to being worthless with Brees throwing interceptions and what not. A big part of it is pass protection they'll have to fix that for sure.

They're only a game behind in the division but it'll be tough to catch up. They'll have to beat TB for sure at home. Their easiest games left are all against against the divisional opponents, so they will have to take all of those. At least two wins out of the rest will probably be necessary: @ HOU, AZ, PHIL, @ CHI. If all this works out and TB holds serve in its divisional games except NO, beats SF and loses everything else they will finish tied. I have no idea how the tiebreaker works if the teams split games. Point differential? Basically they will have to hope TB obliges and loses a STL type game, maybe when they play at SF or one of the two times they play ATL.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Saints aren't any better than the Seahawks anymore than the Rams are better than the Saints.