Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 05:20 AM

Default 3 quick KT hands - too passive?

<font color="blue"> im normally really aggro with anything close to top pair, but i have been trying to slow down some lately to avoid the patented cs3 stack-a-self line.
just a few quick hands i played passively... please give me your intial reaction to how these were played.
replies can be short or long as you like

HAND 1
villain is 34/3 and very passive postflop. postflop AF is ~ .5
over about 125 hands</font>

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $130.60
BB: $254.30
UTG: $168.20
Hero (MP): $265.90
CO: $230.35
BTN: $98.50

Preflop: Hero is dealt T K (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.00</font>, CO calls $4.00, 3 folds

Flop: ($9.50) 4 T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $6.00</font>, CO calls $6.00

Turn: ($21.50) Q (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $10.00</font>, Hero calls $10.00
<font color="blue"> is this the absolute wrong play? </font>

River: ($41.50) 3 (2 Players)
HERO????
<font color="blue"> what are we doing here? </font>

<font color="blue">
HAND 2
villain is 30/8 donk. typical passive station </font>

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $73.40
BB: $249.00
UTG: $8.10
Hero (BTN): $107.55

Preflop: Hero is dealt T K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.00</font>, SB calls $3.50, BB folds

Flop: ($9) 5 4 K (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $3.00</font>, Hero calls $3.00

Turn: ($15) 2 (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $6.00</font>, Hero calls $6.00

River: ($27) A (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $4.00</font>, Hero calls $4.00
<font color="blue"> ehhh am I the passive donk?</font>

<font color="blue"> HAND 3
villain is 50/20 retarded

</font>

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $96.20
Hero (BB): $165.55
UTG: $61.95
CO: $107.80
BTN: $105.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $2.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $9.00</font>, SB calls $7.00

Flop: ($18) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $3.00</font>, Hero calls $3.00
<font color="blue"> should i be autoraising this? </font>

Turn: ($24) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $6.00</font>, Hero calls $6.00

River: ($36) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $12.00</font>, Hero calls $12.00
<font color="blue"> as played on the flop, should i be raising the turn or river? folding anywhere? </font>
Old 09-04-2007, 05:29 AM

Default Re: 3 quick KT hands - too passive?

i'm kinda passive too, but here goes:

1) river: check call
2) fine
3) fine

although, i'd have just folded all of them preflop anyway because KT is a [censored] hand. as played, no big deal.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:52 AM

I like hand 1. If you bet the turn, you will have to fold to a real raise which sucks because you have a lot of outs. The river is pretty tough though. check and see what kind of odds he'll offer you. If he bets again you're probably smoked though.

2. Why aren't you raising the flop? I will very often raise with air when someone donks weakly into me, so I'd def. do it w/top pair too. The hand plays much simpler after that. As played, call turn, call river is best. We want to get to showdown cheaply.

3. I'm not sure what you gain by raising preflop. I'd rather keep the pot small in a blind battle vs a retarded player with a hand that probably hasn't got that much equity vs him.

And the flop illustrates why. You pretty much got the perfect 1-pair flop for your hand, and you don't know if you should be raising or not. Because it's a 3bet blind vs blind and villain is an r-tard i'd just raise the flop and try to get the money in on the turn.

Or you can take your line and let him get 2 cheap cards and then value bet you (badly) when he hits.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:01 AM

Tbh, I fold the firt 2 preflopand just call the 3rd one to the minraise. Alot of your problems come from building a pot with KT.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:21 AM

Hand 1: c/c turn is a fine play. I check/fold river a lot because you don't beat much that villain is betting, especially this one.

Hand 2: Probably call because of odds and expect to be beaten by a better K very often. A raise would be nice to get him off this, he's so scared of the Ac...though he's a calling station.

Hand 3: Against this particaly opponent I am calling preflop. Against a standard one I like your raise.
I'm probably calling down because villain is retarded, but you don't beat a lot and folding river can't be too bad.

I don't really mind playing KT to steal some blinds. But keep in mind your position and the players behind you. You don't want to be in a hand with calling stations or maniacs with a marginal hand as KT.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm probably calling down because villain is retarded, but you don't beat a lot and folding river can't be too bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
Folding the river in a BvB situation with a retarded opponent for a 1/3rd pot bet is horrible. You're getting too good pot-odds on catching a bluff to fold. You only have to be right 20% of the time for a call to be neutral EV.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:43 PM

hand 1 - does anyone consider a turn raise?

hand 2 - if we raise flop, are we putting in any more money if called/raised?

hand 3 - if we raise flop (how much?), are we ok with getting it in?
Old 09-04-2007, 01:47 PM

1- I'm betting the turn. We have no reason to belive we are behind.

2- I raise the flop. He is betting weak, I'm not letting him get away with this with his gs or whatever.

3- Same. Raise flop here too.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:48 PM

1- dont raise turn vs. said opponent. i also usually double barrel it. given the way you got there and read of opponent, checking and usually folding (if he's very passive) is an okay play, as well as bet/folding (1/2 pottish for value).

2- raise somewhere. if he calls, keep betting for value until he tells you otherwise (ie. raises you). given the way you got there, make the river $15 and fold to a shove.

3-raise the flop vs. retard. i would be okay with getting it in. depends what sort of retarded he is though (ie. will he just c/c off his stack with 2nd pair, will he c/r ai with air/etc?) the call down is okay i suppose but meh.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1- dont raise turn vs. said opponent. i also usually double barrel it. given the way you got there and read of opponent, checking and usually folding (if he's very passive) is an okay play, as well as bet/folding (1/2 pottish for value).

[/ QUOTE ]
did you see that i picked up a flush draw on the turn? does that change anything?