Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 10:37 AM

Default the Well: Jstill

Ive kinda wanted to do one of these for a bit cuz I think it'd be fun

I've recently made the switch to NL (I always played occasionally) but the limit forums have always been my home and where I learned so much so I wouldn't have considered doing a well anywhere else... I really owe thanks to so many people for all their help in my improvement in understanding this game along the way, which is most of the reason I wanted to do a well. Thank you all.

fwiw I am far from expert, one thing I've always disliked about posting on this forum is that I never wanted people to take my advice as written in stone or come across like an authority (since there are so many better players on this forum and I'm wrong with some regularity Id say) though I know my stuff some what well? what u think?

I really cant imagine a question I wouldn't answer but as always its up to my discretion I suppose

A stranger is being shown around a village that he has just become part of. He is shown a well and his guide says "On any day except tuesday, you can shout any question down that well and you'll be told the answer" . The man seems pretty impressed, and so he shouts down: Why not on tuesday? and the voice from in the well shouts back: Because on tuesday, its your day in the well .
Old 08-21-2007, 10:42 AM

Default Re: the Well: Jstill

what suit makes the best flushes?

what PP makes the most sets? the most quads?
Old 08-21-2007, 10:44 AM

random facts about myself

I'm from New Hampshire, born and raised. Im guessing most of you have never been there or have met anyone from here.

We are known for our cows and granite (great rite) and are the state with the highest consumption of alcohol per capita

both my parents were multi degree black belts and former karate senseis but never taught me anything and Im not tough at all.

I was in a fraternity in college which inspires lots of bashing but Im used to the stigma by now... just remember to be prejudice against a fraternity uve never met anyone from (or more importantly an individual u dont know becuz of this) isnt much less worse than most types of unfair discrimination. Plus it was fun...

I went to UNH on a scholarship and have a BS in Economics with a minor in Mathematics. I was an AP scholar and Presidential scholar in High school where I graduated in the top 5%. It was a co-ed Catholic private school (though I'm not really catholic) where Kyro and AJML both attended school. I was academic all state for soccer (which really means nothing) and that and basketball are probably my two biggest hobbeys besides poker and boozing.

I'm in my last year of my MA in Economics and am not totally sure of my plan after. The last year I havent have a job besides online poker but I'm far far from baller.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:45 AM

Hi jstill.

Are you still playing limit?

What is the most important thing a limit player transitioning to no limit should know?

Did you leave WSEX after they lowered the rakeback?

What does your avatar mean?
Old 08-21-2007, 10:46 AM

spades make the best flush if ur playing 7 card stud so I ll stick with that

Ive gotten my most quads with 77 tbh but being a math guy the real answer to these questions is they all make the same flushes or the same amount of quads... truthfully though the lower the quads the better becuz its more likely they ll have an overset or overpair and pay u off... flopping quads with pocket As is pretty weaksauce (esp in NL) since u only get paid when that guy has xx on xAA or hes a total donk or ur image is just ridiculous. Even in limit u rarely get to put in more than a bet on each street with quad Aces whereas other quads get better action.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:53 AM

If you only were to wear bright green, or light purple trousers, ever, which would it be? What about socks?

Why doing this in the micros?

What does your screen name mean? (and avatar)

Do you really think I suck at poker? I always get that impression. From anyone. Everywhere. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2007, 10:55 AM

I play limit live about every week at the local card room which is actually a greyhound track (its illegal in NH to have NL cash games for some reason). I still prefer limit overall I think and if i went to foxwoods Id play the 4/8 or 5/T rather than 1/2 NL probably still?

Ive played online a few times this last month when I've just felt like mixing it up, but really the fact I can get so many hands in in such a short time playing NL is what really appeals to me about it.

I still have money on wsex and play the VIP tourneys whenever Ive played on there that week but found a new main site as soon as the rake change came since it meant my earnings were going to be cut by greater than about a third (since I was a slight loser pre rakeback). It was pretty devastating to me, I had gotten so used to grinding out rakeback there only playing 20-25 hrs a week and was doing pretty consistently (altho with huge swings) since a bad week meant I probably didnt lose even all the RB I had made and when I won YAY FREE MONIES... which was the perfect set up while I finished up schooling (playing poker as a job and winning semi consistently).

Im really technologically not inclined, my friend AJML has always hooked up me with anything computer related.. how to use PT how to install the auto hot key programs... this avatar was the first one on photo bucket I got to work and really just enver changed it hahaha... I ll take suggestions on a new avatar in this thread for sure... I was also thinking about changing my name to be honest its far to close to my real name which is Josh Stillwagon

also I was illogic on wsex (mine as well say now since I dont play there anymore), a long time regular most people played and probably thought was decent from what Ive heard back. Quite a few 2p2ers knew who I was by the end and some didnt. Kvacke, MJKidd, guru and inferno all knew who I was and I have to say those are all the toughest players Ive ever played against. Inferno esp Id have to say, not to slight those others at all... Id definitely be curious to hear what people thought...

oh actually Pbob too was really tough I didnt know who he was and I dont know why but I figured I wouldnt think Pbob was good if i played him (I dont know why i thought thta no offense, I guess just cuz he was always complaining about losing and saying everyone else sucked). Turned out he was a regular I always tried to avoid.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:57 AM

badger id go green pants and purple socks.. dont ask me why

my name on here is basically my real name (which I actually regretted after about a month I have put some pretty incriminating stories on here)... and my avatar is totally random and just happened to be the first to work...
Old 08-21-2007, 10:58 AM

Is it true that the combined length of your posts at 2+2 contains more words than the "Lord of the rings"-trilogy?
Old 08-21-2007, 10:58 AM

Are you moving to NL because limit is simply not worth it anymore?