Old 06-12-2007, 06:53 PM
Cent Cent is offline
Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA
Default I hope Pokerstars doesn\'t screw me - need advice

I often transfer with players for a 5% fee. This guy contacted me who said what I do, and he wanted to make a transfer off of Pokerstars. We did a couple thousand dollars, than Pokerstars did a security check on the guy, the guy passed the security check. We had transferred around $4000, he gave to me on PS, I gave to him on FTP and UB. Now, Pokerstars said the "true" owner of the account said someone accessed it without his permission, and so PS froze my account. I asked that they don't take my money, as I am an innocent victim in this, and here is what they responded. Anyone know what I should do?

Hello Adam,

Thanks for your email.

I appreciate that you may well have entered into this transfer in good
faith, however you also did so at your own risk.

We now have reason to believe that the funds you received came from an
account that was accessed without the owners knowledge, they were
effectively stolen funds.

If you were to inadvertently purchase a stolen car, you would not have
been aware that it was stolen, however it also would not change that
fact.
If the authorities managed to trace the car, it would be returned to
the
genuine owner. That may seem like an odd analogy but I hope it makes my
point.

The account holder in question, 'mobster80, has subsequently informed
us
that he has filed a police report against the likely perpetrator in
this
matter. He is also actively trying to resolve the situation with him
directly.

This investigation is very much ongoing and I'm afraid that we need to
keep your account frozen for the time being.

I apologize for the inconvenience here and I will get back to you as
soon
as possible.

Regards,

Dan
PokerStars Security

Old 06-12-2007, 06:57 PM
demon102 demon102 is offline

Location: magically delicious
Default Re: I hope Pokerstars doesn\'t screw me - need advice

u should send emails to the other sites that u did tranfers for this guy too
Old 06-12-2007, 07:01 PM
tiger_hall tiger_hall is offline

Location: Asian women 4LYFE

talk to that bloke you did transfer with and sort it out...
Old 06-12-2007, 07:06 PM
MiltonFriedman MiltonFriedman is offline

Location: Waaay down below
Default Welcome to the world of credit fraud.

Raise your fee to cover your credit risk. You were running a business for a fee, using someone else's system, what is your complaint ?

btw, that is how Neteller got started, they used Paypal's system and simply put a different face on it.

(Welcome to the world of credit fraud/chargebacks.)
Old 06-12-2007, 07:33 PM
KurtSF KurtSF is offline

Default Re: Welcome to the world of credit fraud.

You're just going to have to wait it out.

I don't mean be passive; by all means stay in touch with support. But until the situation is resolved on their end there's going to be no way to put the money into play or withdraw it.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:49 PM
derek luv derek luv is offline

Looks like a difficult situation for you. Hopefully things will be resolved correctly.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:07 PM
cardman cardman is offline

That sucks.

OP, is this person you traded with on 2+2? What's their 2+2 posting name?
Old 06-12-2007, 08:11 PM
Alobar Alobar is offline

Location: spite shoving minraises

that sucks dude and im sorry. But there really isnt anything you can do. Pokerstars wont (and shouldnt) eat the loss on this. This is just one of the risks that go with transferring funds for people you don't know.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:13 PM
augie_ augie_ is offline

Location: Peoria, IL

Cent,