Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2007, 01:43 AM

Default 25NL AK TPTK played weak-tight??

Villain is 44/15.8/3.5 after 38 hands. A few hands ago villian c/c to showdown w/ QQ on a [3d 2c 2h 5d] [8s] board, which i was def suprised by. Felt i should have fired the turn?? and what about the river anything i beat?

No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $27.85
UTG+1: $12.75
CO: $2.15
Button: $39.58
Hero: $55.25
BB: $31.10

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.85</font>, 3 folds, Button calls.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($4.45, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3</font>, Button calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($10.45, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $3</font>, Hero calls.

River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($16.45, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $6</font>, Hero ?
Old 03-06-2007, 05:14 AM

Default Re: 25NL AK TPTK played weak-tight??

Call the river and this looks 100% standard to me. Then again I'm pretty weak-tight.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:19 AM

I would overbet the flop to weed out drawing hands, say 1.5 pot. Against an aggressive villain I like the turn check for pot control. River should be an easy call.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:23 AM

With such bad positon I'd raise to atleast 2 PF, being OOP with hands like KA is hard to play. Calling the river does look standard though, on the flop bet closer to the pot, its a very drawy board, and the on turn bet again he could of called with a pair of Q's and a flush draw. Being OOP we generally give up on the turn when called on the flop but against a oppenent like this I'd like a bet better then a call, his bet on the turn looks like he's drawing. But as played called the river bet.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would overbet the flop to weed out drawing hands, say 1.5 pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Instead of betting so much that drawing hands will fold you want to bet the maximum amount that you think they will call, remember that everytime they call not getting the correct odds you profit. If you think that this villian will call a 1.5 PSB with a draw then bet that, but I would be more inclined to bet ~$4.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would overbet the flop to weed out drawing hands, say 1.5 pot. Against an aggressive villain I like the turn check for pot control. River should be an easy call.

[/ QUOTE ]

no offense, but is this a bit result oriented?
Old 03-06-2007, 05:49 AM

All I can see you beating here are busted FD's although they have been weirdly played. Maybe Qx-s/Jx-s.

Could villain limp a small A ?

I'd be just too curious at almost 4:1 on the river.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure what you mean, as the results of the hand weren't posted. But to clarify, I like to bet 1.5 pot with TPTK on flops that contain draws because generally UNL players will gamble against the odds and call anyway, while sets or 2 pairs will see enough of a pot in front of them to make their move then and there, thus allowing me to get away relatively cheaply. Checking on the turn takes away villain's ability to re-raise on an obvious scare card while also keeping the pot manageable. As played, on thye river there is little reason for hero to think he is behind, and so a call is pretty standard. Just my opinion.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure what you mean, as the results of the hand weren't posted. But to clarify, I like to bet 1.5 pot with TPTK on flops that contain draws because generally UNL players will gamble against the odds and call anyway, while sets or 2 pairs will see enough of a pot in front of them to make their move then and there, thus allowing me to get away relatively cheaply. Checking on the turn takes away villain's ability to re-raise on an obvious scare card while also keeping the pot manageable. As played, on thye river there is little reason for hero to think he is behind, and so a call is pretty standard. Just my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you think that betting big with decent made hands on drawy boards is a bit readable?
Old 03-06-2007, 07:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you think that betting big with decent made hands on drawy boards is a bit readable?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I also tend to bet big on the flop with big draws and about 1/3 of my c-bets, and so I believe my mystique is safe. Besides that, I just don't think being readable is much of an issue at UNL.