Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2007, 05:53 PM

Default Re: New Simpsons Game

I picked it up and have just started it for Wii. I'm having a lot of trouble getting used to the controls and am constantly having to re-center the camera. I jumped into the chocolate lake like 10 times in the tutorial. FWIW, this is the first nunchuk game I've had to play other than Mario Strikers Charged and this seems a lot more involved which may be why I'm having issues.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
constantly having to re-center the camera

[/ QUOTE ]

Booo, that's what I was afraid of. I don't think its you/the Wii, I think its the game. I had the same problem on the XBOX 360 demo.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:18 PM

XBox 360 here - only about 5 levels in, but very frustrated so far. The controls/cameras are probably about the worst thing. However the level design is lame too. Hopefully it gets better, but right not its "go here...hit the Y button....move here...hit Y....switch to Bart...go here...hit Y...switch to Homer" kind of thing where it's like you're just following a list of commands. Game has been relatively easy so far too.

Oh and one thing I hate is how they use invisible walls. I get it. Invisible walls are a cliche. But that's no reason to use them 30 times [censored] level. Just seems like lazy programming. "Hmmm heres a police barrier I can easily jump over but OOPS LOL INVISIBLE WALL."
Old 11-18-2007, 08:35 PM

I've seen it being played on the 360. Graphics looks pretty good and it's a bit like GTA (but Homer style) imo, not my type of game. And camera angles were pretty crap, you have to manually adjust it pretty much all the time.