Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 11:51 AM

Default Re: Anyone Had Their Chat Banned On Full Tilt For No Good Reason?

[ QUOTE ]
Lets sum this up

1. It is stupid to berate players in a game you aren't even in.

2.Yes whom ever was so bothered by this turn you in is baby I mean come on we are adults name calling is kidergarden [censored] and your basically a pussy if it really bothers you when someone gets mad and say's dumb [censored] to you obver the internet. Unfortuantly there are petty people who bitch at others playing a game they aren't even involved with and there will petty people wasting their time the time of the poker sites staaf and your time turning you in for it.

3. GET OVER IT !

[/ QUOTE ]

You sir, are an idiot
Old 11-13-2007, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lets sum this up

1. It is stupid to berate players in a game you aren't even in.

2.Yes whom ever was so bothered by this turn you in is baby I mean come on we are adults name calling is kidergarden [censored] and your basically a pussy if it really bothers you when someone gets mad and say's dumb [censored] to you obver the internet. Unfortuantly there are petty people who bitch at others playing a game they aren't even involved with and there will petty people wasting their time the time of the poker sites staaf and your time turning you in for it.

3. GET OVER IT !

[/ QUOTE ]

You sir, are an idiot

[/ QUOTE ]
That may be true, yet I find myself agreeing with all 3 points.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:50 PM

I would love for FTP to implement the "you must have a buyin in your account to chat" rule that Stars has.

Sure, it means I can't wish Barry G. good luck in the Sunday High Stakes Showdown. But it also means that morons that aren't playing (or at least can't afford to play) aren't criticizing play / spamming the chat window.

I was watching Gus Hansen yesterday night for a bit playing PL Omaha. He was sitting with 350K. He just bet pot, bringing the pot up to ~100k, and his opponent hit the time-bank, thinking of calling an extra ~40k. The chat window went CRAZY with people speculating what each of them had. In the middle of the hand.

I realize that it happens all the time, and players like Gus / PA / etc don't even read the chat. But 'cmon.

Just my $0.02

OT
Old 11-13-2007, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only quasi-bad thing I said was calling one of the players a 'lagtard'.

[/ QUOTE ]
good job FTP!

FTP is rock-garden and you want to insult the very few lag people?
More over if you weren't involved you should STFU and you really deserve that ban. Hope it'll learn you.

What I really hate is a 5/0 schmuck insulting another player for playing A5s and hitting gut-shot...
Old 11-13-2007, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All railbirds should be banned.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-14-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
" poker is a game played amongst adults and some times adults use adult language."

I really think this is just an excuse that supposed adults make to act incredibly immature.
I wouldn't mind if anything even resembling innappropriate language were taken away. It is supposed to be a friendly game afterall so all this stuff of "you suck" etc only serves to potentially irritate the table.

I want the game to be welcoming and playable to 60 year old grandmothers with nothing better to do but the atmosphere of mostly youngish males calling each other d-bag's is simply too intimidating for them imo.

I don't think my vision of senior citizens and more women playing is incredibly unrealistic when you consider how many play games like bridge or cribbage or hearts, etc.
But with the culture as it is now I think those expecting a more polite and friendly atmosphere would be more likely to be run-off by the occasional foul language.

just my opinion. I'm kind of aware that it isn't a particularly popular one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is an important point that will become more relevant with the changing demographic. A higher amount of the population is retiring, so they have a new chance to become a big part of online poker. The responsibility is on the current players to make the game inviting and encourage increasing or at least maintaining the pool.

In Barry Greenstein's book he notes how he was surprised that Doyle and Chip weren't as intimidating as he thought they'd be, that they were nice and tried to get along as well as possible. Then he realized, a good player wants to keep you there, find out what your weaknesses are, and continually exploit them. They don't try and scare you off, and they definitely don't try and give you tips to improve.

The reverse happens all the time online, from players who imply they're savvy poker players by calling their opponents out. Though by definition a savvy poker player makes as much money as possible, and I can't see how 'calling someone out' improves the bottom line. Rather than just saying 'nh' when someone makes a bad play, and in your head being like OMG that's so exploitable, noted.

Quoting Sharkscope stats, drawing people's attention to their weaknesses "to make them feel bad" (or does it make them want to improve?) is not a long-term approach. Celebrate the lag-tards, and the bad-beaters or all we'll have left is the out-players.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:40 PM

First started playing on Stars in early 2003. Had no idea what I was doing nor could I even remember whether a full-house beat a flush or vice-versa.
Some guy in chat berated me for playing a 'crap' hand all-in pre-flop early in a SNG and sucking out on him.

I mostly shook it off in chat. But he rattled me somewhat and left me kind of embarassed. Geez, all these other players are looking at this guy picking apart my bad play so now they all know about it too.

I also had no idea that A8o was such a crap hand to get all-in pre-flop early in a SNG and I would have continued thinking that it was a good play if he hadn't told me otherwise.

So he succeeded in both intimidating me which could have scared me away as a player AND informing me that my play was
bad.

Basically, some players are so bad that they don't fully seem to understand that you want such players at your table
I'm really amazed at those who 'kind of' get it in that they know they are profitable..but still want to berate the players anyway so they say, "please don't leave" "keep playing that way, you'll be broke soon enough" and stuff like that.

Contrary to what you might think, some of these bad players do actually see the chat about them and it really can serve to scare them away completely and reinforce an idea that they are playing higher than they should and that they are really out of their league trying to play with the big-boys.

So there's the general put-downs of bad play that the table-coaches do which I disagree with...and also the cussing and foul-language which can serve to drive-away 60-year-old ladies who do have a credit-card and do want to give it a try.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:40 PM

*** breaking news ***

full tilt server source code revealed:

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
if (getContributedRake(complainingPlayer) &gt; getContributedRake(accusedPlayer)) {
suspendChatRightsAndEmail(accusedPlayer, 3*lastSuspendTime);
} else {
// [censored] ... how to tell the moron that he is in fact a retard and was correctly called a retard ...
generateRandomMailWithComplexAcademicWords(POLITEM AIL_SAYING_WE_LOVE_YOU, ACTION_WILL_DO_NOTHING);
}
</pre><hr />
Old 11-14-2007, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First started ... Had no idea what I was doing nor could I even remember whether a full-house beat a flush or vice-versa.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL Before my first game (freeroll) I printed out a sheet with hands (what beats what from Straight Flush down to A-high).
I thought I was going to crush all levels of these games because of this high-tech knowledge!

(I played some home games before and I remembered all that arguments if quads are more than flush or straight flush - no one knew for sure)

//edit: as of that freeroll - I was dealt Ax (within first 5 hands) and I immediately knew I'm gonna raise that hand.
What a surprise - when it was my turn there was only "FOLD" and "CALL" buttons and the table beeped to force me to act. What the hell why can I not raise with that magic hand? What a crappy software.

Guess what I did. (small help: it was a NO LIMIT freeroll)
Old 11-14-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
First started ... Had no idea what I was doing nor could I even remember whether a full-house beat a flush or vice-versa.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL Before my first game (freeroll) I printed out a sheet with hands (what beats what from Straight Flush down to A-high).
I thought I was going to crush all levels of these games because of this high-tech knowledge!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks you. I feel like a genius. When I started playing, in the first or second day I somehow already immediately invented the limp with pair wait for set strategy. Maybe it was my math and cs nature. I even 3 tabled with that!! Of course, I was not able to read the board so I wasn't able to spot a straight or flush and often lost all-in with unimproved set. But I managed to keep break even at the microlimits with that strategy until i learned the game.