Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 08:38 AM

Default Playing superloose in a µNL Home Game

Last weekend I played in a homegame (buyin: €10, blinds 5 and 10 cents). Because it's a homegame, primarily for fun, I don't like folding ("I didn't come here to fold!").

As it turned out, the evening was quite profitable (going all-in blind with Q6o and sucking out on AA helped a bit too [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]). My question is though: can it be profitable to see as many flops, with any two cards, for 1 to 3 BB? I feel I can get away from TP without problems (with 97o for instance) and I get payed of quite nicely when I flop a straight when I limp in with 74s.

Not that I wouldn't do this anymore if it's not +EV, but I just wondered if the deck just hit me (which it kind of did, I think), or this could be a winning strategy in a loose passive game. Position helps, ofcourse, I did tighten up in EP. But I rarely folded on the button, if it was limped to me.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:23 AM

Default Re: Playing superloose in a µNL Home Game

Yeah whenever I get in home games with my friends, there is no give up in me, I know its bad, but I will just play hands alot differently. I never fold button.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:33 AM

Question is, is it bad (EV-wise)? If you're a lot better post-flop than the rest of the table?
Old 03-12-2007, 09:38 AM

I don't think so, if you know you can outplay everyone at the table, then you can pretty much anything, and get paid off the right price for the hand.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Because it's a homegame, primarily for fun, I don't like folding ("I didn't come here to fold!").

[/ QUOTE ] So is the EV from playing a lot of hands or from winning Euros? I think you know playing loose passive against a bunch of loose passives is not optimal for winning Euros.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:02 AM

I played pretty passive preflop (except with the powerhouse hands), but aggressive postflop. I kept betting the sets, straights and flushes.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:49 AM

I think in a very tight passive game it is possible to play any hand profitable. The problem is that if you do it you'll screw your image and cannot do it anymore. If you'd fold 75% of your hands at random and play the remaining 25% agressively against very weak tight passive players I think you can squeeze out a little profit if you play well postflop.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:58 AM

Guess I just got lucky. Meh. Won't change my style though. I love hitting weird straights against pocket Aces [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Closed Thread