Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 06:52 PM

Default Re: Douchiest single piece of clothing

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I love how you say you don't care about this "kind of [censored]" anymore and then have to mention that you don't wear those 2 shirts.

[/ QUOTE ]

only to avoid the masses of idiots chiming in with "WELP LOOKS LIKE WE FOUND A CHE SHIRT OWNER!"

[/ QUOTE ]
Um, i thought you don't care what the masses say?

[/ QUOTE ]

of course i don't when it comes to certain things. everyone cares what people say to some extent. if i put fliers up around your town with your photo saying you are a child molester, you care.

i was just trying to pre-empt the commments.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sweet jesus I hope thats a Halloween costume

[/ QUOTE ]

It very possibly is. But I take comfort in knowing at any given moment there are thousands of people across this great country (generally clustered in the middle - [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] ) who look exactly like that or worse.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
'Has accomplished' is past tense.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, it's present perfect. all of the references to che did imply that he thought he was still alive.

if someone is dead you generally say "he wasn't an angel" not "he isn't an angel" unless you're arguing about the afterlife.

[/ QUOTE ]

Easily the worst descriptive word to use for that example.

^But he's still right. It should have been "had accomplished"
Old 11-10-2007, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
'Has accomplished' is past tense.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, it's present perfect. all of the references to che did imply that he thought he was still alive.

if someone is dead you generally say "he wasn't an angel" not "he isn't an angel" unless you're arguing about the afterlife.

[/ QUOTE ]

Easily the worst descriptive word to use for that example.

^But he's still right. It should have been "had accomplished"

[/ QUOTE ]

just "accomplished."
Old 11-10-2007, 07:30 PM

Visors, popped-up collars on polo shirts, and sweaters tied around the neck and draped over the shoulders are the only things in this thread that I feel give off a douchey vibe.

Most everything else demonstrates a lack of taste and fashion but not necessarily douchiness.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:09 PM

Okay i read half this but obviously popped collars... although it is reallly [censored] funny if you can get people to walk up behind them and fix it (although they do get pissed)

Second to this are the people who leave the tags/stickers on their hats or whatever to show how new they are. Still a good way way to mess with people if you want to be "nice" and remind point out they forgot to take the stickers off.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What the hell is wrong with Che shirts? I own one, it's not the Rage Against The Machine version of Che's picture, but even if it were, who cares? I know who he is, I read his diary and did a thesis/report on him in high school. Please allow me to wear a shirt with a depiction of some one who I think has accomplished a lot in his life without being labeled a douchebag.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you'll only really be labeled a douche by the minority, if that helps you sleep well.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, it's more like, if you've ACTUALLY studied Che Guevara and know who he is, it's probably okay. To 99% of the people who wear it it's the political equivalent of a Bob Marley poster on their dorm room wall.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:31 PM

Nath,
Regardless of how much you know about Che a T-shirt is quite possibly the worst possible way to initiate any sort of political discourse.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:35 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I have a Bob Marley poster.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
People who say "Abercrombie/Hollister/American Eagle shirt" in these threads are bigger douches and/or no coochie getting hermits.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha, you wear abercrombie/hollister/american eagle.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do because being "hood" went out in the 90's. It's all about the hoes baby.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah really, you people do realize that girls usually like these clothes right? Even though I don't wear those brands much, I can totally see why people do. Especially the high school and college crowd. If your sole purpose for not wearing something is because you aren't sure if guys are gonna approve, take a second and consider how [censored] retarded that is.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but A&F and it's ilk are driven by this very concept. This is why there's such a backlash from so many people. Unless you're in a frat, leave that [censored] behind. You can literally buy the same (IMO, ugly) apparel from JC Penny's or any other 'low rent' store. People shop at A&F and Hollister for the logo.

If it's all about the ho's, carve your own style. That's what females appreciate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, "Thug Bubbles" I think we want to attract two opposite types of chicks.

I don't buy any type of clothing because of the logo, I buy it cause it is what is in style. Like 8 to 10 years ago I was wearing Ecko and before that I was wearing Tommy and Nautica. It all boils down to dressing to get the best possible snatch you can get.

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl.
ive always liked you sicc, but if ecko and tommy and now AF and AE and hollister gets you "the best possible snatch", me thinks your snatch selection sucks horse balls.