Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 08:40 PM

Default Re: NWO TAKEOVER — Game thread

[ QUOTE ]
Zen

Do you not see how saying "I'm a villager" in the game is SO SO SO different than asking someoen to role reveal AFTER they've been lynched? One is part of the game - one is distinctly NOT. You might as well have screenshot your PM and posted it. But, whatever, I highly doubt you'll read this and think about it, and take what everybody is saying to heart. I mean, come on, you SAID you were a villager, WE'RE all the stupid ones for not taking you at your word, right?

BTW, Dan was 100% right to call this game and give it to the wolves, regardless of what Monk says. For you to come in here and whine and moan at monk is BS when you are the one that caused the game to end. You. Personally. With your purposeful actions even after you were told that you were breaking the rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

agree. zen - im agreeing it may not have been intentional, but if you dont realize that its wrong by now i dont know what else to say. blaming monk is retarted.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
didn't read thread, I don't know what happened, but posting "gg village" during the time period between nightfall and role-reveal is inexcusable and terrible

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the most ridiculous thing anyone has said in this thread. IF you had added *anything* beyond "gg village", I'd agree with you, but otherwise, it's got to be the most minor bad thing you could do.

[/ QUOTE ]

sigh
Old 11-13-2007, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Monk is a complete angleshooting [censored] because he knows damned well it didn't reduce his chances of winning, and he's perfectly aware that it was just stupidity on my part, not cheating.

[/ QUOTE ]

first, yes thats true. apparently i was winning either way.

second, how did i angleshoot? i was the one that said i would continue with the game

[/ QUOTE ]

"It's weduthed my winning chanceth fwom 55% to 5% boo hoo hoo." Yeah, right. Like I said, let's move on.

[/ QUOTE ]

in context:

dans pm to me - 'do you think this has considerably reduced your chances of winning'

my response - 'ldo, i was freeflowing sol-zen tmr'

dans pm to me - 'ok so obviously you feel you had 100% before the cheating, what would you say your chances are now'

my response - 'no i dont think i had 100%, i think i probably went from about 55% to 5% (a decent and honest guess at the time imo)
Old 11-13-2007, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Zen

Do you not see how saying "I'm a villager" in the game is SO SO SO different than asking someoen to role reveal AFTER they've been lynched?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. If I did, I clearly wouldn't have done it.

[ QUOTE ]
One is part of the game - one is distinctly NOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps you could try putting yourself in my shoes. You need to think about how you would look at it if you didn't draw the clear distinction that you're drawing, because it is NOT obvious to a newbie at all.

Of course, when it's pointed out to you, you get it, but it's a convention, Zurvan, not something that's obvious on the face of it. If it was, I would never have done it.

[ QUOTE ]
You might as well have screenshot your PM and posted it. But, whatever, I highly doubt you'll read this and think about it, and take what everybody is saying to heart. I mean, come on, you SAID you were a villager, WE'RE all the stupid ones for not taking you at your word, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, no. Maybe I was mistaken to think that a smart guy like you would have actually read the thread and got that I was a villager, but that was what I relied on, not my saying I was one.

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, Dan was 100% right to call this game and give it to the wolves, regardless of what Monk says. For you to come in here and whine and moan at monk is BS when you are the one that caused the game to end. You. Personally. With your purposeful actions even after you were told that you were breaking the rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

By posting "bite me, I'm not talking about the game"? Yeah, okay, keep taking the pills, moran.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Zen

Do you not see how saying "I'm a villager" in the game is SO SO SO different than asking someoen to role reveal AFTER they've been lynched? One is part of the game - one is distinctly NOT. You might as well have screenshot your PM and posted it. But, whatever, I highly doubt you'll read this and think about it, and take what everybody is saying to heart. I mean, come on, you SAID you were a villager, WE'RE all the stupid ones for not taking you at your word, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

agree. zen - im agreeing it may not have been intentional, but if you dont realize that its wrong by now i dont know what else to say. blaming monk is retarted.

[/ QUOTE ]

I said I see it's wrong. I don't think I have to see that it reduced monk's chances, and I don't believe for an instant it did. I don't think it would be the worst thing ever to say "gg village" when you die; it would be the smallest bad thing you could do, annoying for the mod, but it gives no conceivable advantage to anyone.

Now, I really am done with this. I did a stupid thing and won't do it again. Monk took advantage in a way that makes me feel badly about him. But I can move on from that, no problem. I don't have to agree dan did the right thing but I agree that it was his choice, and I'm content with that. gg wolves, next game please.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Monk is a complete angleshooting [censored] because he knows damned well it didn't reduce his chances of winning, and he's perfectly aware that it was just stupidity on my part, not cheating.

[/ QUOTE ]

first, yes thats true. apparently i was winning either way.

second, how did i angleshoot? i was the one that said i would continue with the game

[/ QUOTE ]

"It's weduthed my winning chanceth fwom 55% to 5% boo hoo hoo." Yeah, right. Like I said, let's move on.

[/ QUOTE ]

in context:

dans pm to me - 'do you think this has considerably reduced your chances of winning'

my response - 'ldo, i was freeflowing sol-zen tmr'

dans pm to me - 'ok so obviously you feel you had 100% before the cheating, what would you say your chances are now'

my response - 'no i dont think i had 100%, i think i probably went from about 55% to 5% (a decent and honest guess at the time imo)

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'd referred to it the next day, I'd agree with you a bit. In the actual circumstances, not a chance. I'll never do it again. I've learned my lesson. And I'm sure I'll get over my bad feelings about how you played it.

And you won, gg eskimo, let's move on.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:57 PM

if you have actually read the thread, ie my response where i make it CLEAR:

-i never wanted a win
-i said i wanted to play on
-i accepted your apology and basically defended you
-i was literally 100% to win after the cheating, by admission of jf and dan

and you still think i took advantage then you are in all likelihood the dumbest person to ever post on pog
Old 11-13-2007, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you have actually read the thread, ie my response where i make it CLEAR:

-i never wanted a win
-i said i wanted to play on
-i accepted your apology and basically defended you
-i was literally 100% to win after the cheating, by admission of jf and dan

and you still think i took advantage then you are in all likelihood the dumbest person to ever post on pog

[/ QUOTE ]

I think saying your chances went from 55% to 5% is taking advantage (I am a bit confused how your chances were destroyed but you're 100% to win, but I can live with just not caring). If I've read you wrong on that, I apologise. I'm happy for you to think I'm the dumbest person who's ever posted on POG, which given some of the competition is pretty dumb. I congratulate you on your play in any case, which had me confused, and gave you a good chance of winning even so, and I say gg, eskimo, looking forward to playing you in another game with no hard feelings.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:04 PM

measuring chances is hard
Old 11-13-2007, 09:11 PM

ok ill clarify:

i was asked by dan to guess the chances at which i win before and after the cheating took place, at the time i did not know why i was being asked.

before it happened, i believed that in a freeflow with sol and you i had slightly better than 50% chance, so i rated that 55%.

after it happened, i believed that by killing sol and roleclaiming wolf, there was about a 5% chance jf would lynch you, and that was my best option.

however, since then jf has said that she would have lynched you 100%. meaning that in actuality, the cheating shifted my chances from 55% to 100%.