Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 08:10 PM

Default AQ oop wierd spot..

No history. Villain is 25/23 over 50 hands and has no coldcalling pfr. What to do with this hand, if i call flop we both have about potsized stacks going to the turn.

Free hand converter brought to you by http://www.cardrunners.com

Seat 1: AspenW ($19.90)
Seat 2: koreanboy ($49.20)
Seat 3: ImWithStoopid ($103.75) -
Seat 4: Hero ($49.35) -
Seat 5: Villain ($52.60) -
Seat 6: yuck13 ($50)

PRE-FLOP:

Hero <font color="#272BA6">posts small blind $0.25</font>
Villain <font color="#272BA6">posts BIG blind $0.50</font>
Dealt To: Hero

<font color="#000000">FOLD yuck13</font>
<font color="#000000">FOLD AspenW</font>
<font color="#000000">FOLD koreanboy</font>
<font color="#000000">FOLD ImWithStoopid</font>
<font color="#272BA6">RAISE Hero</font> ($2)
<font color="#272BA6">RAISE Villain</font> ($6)
<font color="#B93238">CALL Hero</font> ($4)

<font color="#000000">FLOP:</font>

Pot: $12
&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;

<font color="#000000">CHECK Hero</font>
<font color="#272BA6">BET Villain</font> ($10)
Hero......?

Free hand converter brought to you by http://www.cardrunners.com
Old 10-15-2007, 08:30 PM

Default Re: AQ oop wierd spot..

This is one of those hands that might break me. I'm not sure of the answer on this one. I would probably reraise, possibly AI. But then again, a call might be correct as well. I don't think laying it down is an option at this point. Only three hands that he might have reraised you with PF are ahead right now. AA JJ AK. Four hands if you count AJ.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:42 PM

I probably just checkraise all-in and get it over with. The problem with this, though, is that Villain isn't too likely to call with a worse hand, other than a combo draw.

So I guess calling is an option, but I wouldn't count on Villain to keep betting with less than top pair. He might pay off a bet on the river after a turn check, though. But, of course, there's no guarantee of this, and there's also some chance he'll improve in the meantime.

I suppose calling with the plan of folding if Villain makes a substantial bet on the turn is an option, but this plan does have its risks. I mean, I've been running into more two- and three-barrelers lately than I used to, it seems. But this does improve the case for calling and then check-calling (or checkraising) on the turn.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I probably just checkraise all-in and get it over with. The problem with this, though, is that Villain isn't too likely to call with a worse hand, other than a combo draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think villian would definately call AI with KK and probably with QQ as well.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

So I guess calling is an option, but I wouldn't count on Villain to keep betting with less than top pair. He might pay off a bet on the river after a turn check, though. But, of course, there's no guarantee of this, and there's also some chance he'll improve in the meantime.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isnt calling flop and c/f turn quite ok here? And if he checks behind on turn we might get him to call a small bet on river with KK? As you said, he'll fold all worse hands except mabye a combodraw, but will call with all hands that beat me? (in this hand most likely A-K, J-J, A-J, or even AA)...? Because check-calling on the turn leaves me with at most $10-15 behind, in a pot of like $60-70 on the river... and crai on turn has no fold eq either...

This is a spot i find myself in way to often.. Im not in love with any of my options here.. i dont like to just give the guy a BI when i feel there's a good chanse im behind most of the time?
Old 10-16-2007, 04:46 AM

You can fold here, but realize that you hit your hand spot on. If you don't want to play here, then you should have folded preflop.

If the board had been QJ5, wouldn't you be even more worried?

So now ask yourself, "What flop was I looking to hit?" If the answer isn't clear, then you probably shouldn't have paid for a flop in the first place.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:02 AM

I disagree I think its fine to call p/f here unsure about what flop you want to hit, don't forget hes readless this player cud be passive post flop, bet weak post flop or 3 bet light..... I might sometimes even 4 bet here oop becuz alot of players will 3 bet light especially in a blind on blind scenario... once this flop hits though I can't see folding on the flop ever being correct to such a big bet (to a smaller bet I quite like a flat call sometimes) and flat call just leaves u way too open to be double barreled even with a hand like A10 or AQ that thinks ur drawing also he might overcall with A10 A9 or he might even be a donkey and stack off with a J... I think c/r flop and gl [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] or 4 bet pre... but then u have to decide if ur calling a shuv becuz once uve 3 bet u are getting odds vs any hand except Aces. Also thats a big bet 10 into 12 with hero showing weakness by flat calling pre looks like a scared pair or weaker A to me not that thats always the case but again readless I think u have to go for it.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You can fold here, but realize that you hit your hand spot on. If you don't want to play here, then you should have folded preflop.

If the board had been QJ5, wouldn't you be even more worried?

So now ask yourself, "What flop was I looking to hit?" If the answer isn't clear, then you probably shouldn't have paid for a flop in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, allthough i'd rather have a Q high board than the A high bord. but the issue is that i feel like the jack killes me a bit. it gives him 2 more hands that beat me. AJ or JJ. And we're in i blindfight, he allways raises pf, so i'd say that the AJ is most likely to be in his rr-range.

If i have an A-4-8-flop i'll pay this player off against AK, and with Q-4-8-flop i'll pay to se his KK/AA..

Am i way off or is this making any sense to you? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]