Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 05:05 PM

Default BB Push to big stack button steal

I apologize for the noobness of this post. Using ubuntu and having serious issues with hand histories and databases and such.

69+6 FullTilt 18000 Guaranteed Doublestack
272 entries 73 remaining
200/400 50antes

Hizzo is on the big blind with 10000 and change
Action folded around to button who is sitting with 29000 and I believe at the time top 5-10 in the tourney. My image should have been TAG. Sharkscope yielded nothing for villain.

So pretty much, before the hand even gets folded around the the button I know there is going to be raise and I'm satisfied when he makes it 1200. I reraised all-in with ace-10 off suit and assume to be ahead most times. Is this a positive EV play or am I being too aggro here. I'm new to the MTT scene so I don't know if with all things considered, this was a good play in the long run. Input would be appreciated.

I think his range for calling is probably A-Q+ and 99+ and I would consider that a very liberal range for calling as well. I wanted to take my shot here because I would have almost added 20 percent to my stack if he folds.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:26 PM

Default Re: BB Push to big stack button steal

It's good. Ideally you'd have very slightly less chips but AT is a shove as is...if he's raising ATC & calling 99+,AQ+ you should in fact be shoving everything here & the fact that AT has ok equity against his calling range is a bonus
Old 10-03-2007, 07:23 PM

Default Re: BB Push to big stack button steal

Originally, I didn't want to put the result down because I thought it would deter comments but he ended up calling with an ace-8 and I was shocked more than anything. Even for bad players, A8o is pretty far fetched. He hit his ace high flush on the turn.