Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2007, 01:15 AM

Default L5cd: str8 flush draws

How do you guys like to play these hands? Raise, call raises? Not play oske of them at all? Examples:

x2356s str8 flush with a gut -12 outs
x2345s - 15 outs
Old 02-02-2007, 02:36 AM

Default Re: L5cd: str8 flush draws

i think anything gut/sf and better is a cause for celebration. its so rare, so treat yourself to a FUN hand.

i would call a raise to see the draw, for sure, especially if you can get it multihanded. maybe HU even if i was acting last post-draw.

to raise pre...maybe only to steal blinds (like from the button or SB). i'd think the extra showdown equity of S+F would make me less inclined to semi-bluff this hand. i'd just limp it in i guess
Old 02-02-2007, 02:55 AM

Notoriously, unless you are in the blinds in the modern limit draw game draws are just not playable. Two of the few draws that would be sound are the straight flush and gut straightflush draw. Do not ruin them by raising unless you are at the end of a line of limpers otherwise just limp.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:29 AM

I play em agressively.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:13 AM

Playing them passively is sort of silly if you can buy some fold equity. Obviously in a game where everyone's limping and calling post draw there's no point in raising.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:11 PM

no, you have to play them passive - you want the pot as multihanded as possible. you'll still miss most of the time even with 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
if they are limpin and calling raises, then we might want to value raise predraw if several limps. otherwise, i think this is just a draw that you'll be playing as cheap as possible.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no, you have to play them passive - you want the pot as multihanded as possible. you'll still miss most of the time even with 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
if they are limpin and calling raises, then we might want to value raise predraw if several limps. otherwise, i think this is just a draw that you'll be playing as cheap as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

If there's already 3+ other players in the hand you should raise.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:22 PM

I got a gut str8 flush draw last night with 2 limpers so I limped in, missed but it got me to thinking that even though these hands will miss more often than not, they don't come around too much like BL said. I can see how some of you may play them passive and agg. If played agg Pre draw most will put you on 2 pair for sure, if passive most ob will put you on a draw hand I assume. Either way, they are fun hands to get.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I got a gut str8 flush draw last night with 2 limpers so I limped in, missed but it got me to thinking that even though these hands will miss more often than not, they don't come around too much like BL said. I can see how some of you may play them passive and agg. If played agg Pre draw most will put you on 2 pair for sure, if passive most ob will put you on a draw hand I assume. Either way, they are fun hands to get.

[/ QUOTE ]

If passive play it aggressively, if aggressive then passively. In the first instance you will pick up the pot whether hitting or missing (and you will miss more often than not), in the second instance you will not be believed for two pair or trips if you are aggressive and this way you get in cheaply and then raise hell if you hit.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:18 PM

I Like to play them agressively if i have position.
Any comments on the way i played this one ?
Especially how would you have played after the draw ?

Pot Limit 5 Card Draw ($0.50/$1) (converter)

Hero ($37.50), Seat 5
BB ($25), Seat 6
UTG ($62.10), Seat 1
MP ($61.80), Seat 2
CO ($45.10), Seat 3
Button ($120.30), Seat 4

Hero posts $0.50. BB posts $1.

Hero is SB with [Qh Kh 4s Jh 9h]

Round 1: ($1.50)

<font color="#666666">UTG folds. </font><font color="red">MP raises $1 to $2. </font><font color="red">CO raises $2 to $4. </font><font color="#666666">Button folds. </font><font color="green">Hero calls. </font><font color="#666666">BB folds. </font><font color="#666666">MP folds. </font>
Hero discards 4s. CO takes 1.

Hero has [Qh Kh Jh 9h Th]

Round 2: ($11)

<font color="red">Hero bets $5. </font><font color="red">CO raises $15 to $20. </font><font color="red">Hero raises $13.50 to $33.50 (all-in). </font><font color="green">CO calls. </font>

Pot: ($78)