Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 04:17 PM

Default Playing SC\'s from blinds a big leak? (or a leak in general)

So I generally play a decent amount of SC's from the blinds (or just in general). I've been told it's pretty bad by some while others say it's not really as big a leak as others.

Situation 1: CO regular (tag) pops it up to 3.5BB, you're Button with 56ss or 78ss, is calling here a big leak (obv 3-betting is an option, but for all intensive purposes, lets say you decide to either fold or call.)

Situation 2: Some donkey from MP raises it up to 3.5 BB again, and another donkey in CO calls and folded to you in SB with 56ss or 78ss, is calling here a big leak? What about with hands like 68ss or 46ss?

Situation 3: Tag (nitty) regular, raises from UTG, and another TAG calls in UTG+1, folded to you in BB with 56ss or 78ss, is calling that big a leak? What about with 1 gapped suited connectors?

Gah, after posting this, it makes it sound like I'm trying to get info for free or leach but I honestly just wanna know if its a leak or if its OK?
Old 09-26-2007, 04:20 PM

Default Re: Playing SC\'s from blinds a big leak? (or a leak in general)

no, no (one gappers more yes), no (one gappers yes)
Old 09-26-2007, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
obv 3-betting is an option, but for all intents and purposes, lets say you decide to either fold or call.)

[/ QUOTE ]

FYCommonlyMisunderstoodSaying
Old 09-26-2007, 04:23 PM

3 betting in all of these situations is better than calling most of the time. I generally fold 70% raise 30% or something like that.

As far as whether or not it's a leak, that's for your PT to tell you. If you play SC well OOP and without initiative then no it isn't a leak.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3 betting in all of these situations is better than calling most of the time. I generally fold 70% raise 30% or something like that.

As far as whether or not it's a leak, that's for your PT to tell you. If you play SC well OOP and without initiative then no it isn't a leak.

[/ QUOTE ]

People say this all the time and I can't imagine how they could think this, to be honest.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

People say this all the time and I can't imagine how they could think this, to be honest.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which part exactly?
Old 09-26-2007, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, you're seriously gonna squeeze a nitty UTG raiser and a tight UTG+1 cold caller with a sc?
Old 09-26-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Which part exactly?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea... there are parts of this that are correct. I think that raising sometimes is going to be more profitable, but obviously this is extremely situational and dependent on your opponents. One thing I do not understand is that why you would be folding 70% and raising 30% if it is profitable for you unless you are saying that 70% of the time the dynamics (as I talked about earlier) are not right.

Next, I think he is right about it depending how well you play them OOP.

Overall I think that there are times for all 3 plays, even given these somewhat specific situations. You cant really answer this question completely without writing a book about it. Post some hand histories with reads, ect to get a better response.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:31 PM

If you play better than your opponents postflop you can call with a wider range imo.
Playing fit-or-fold isn't going to show a profit, you're gonna have to checkraise bluff some etc etc.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Which part exactly?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed my quote. It's like "oh man I have 5 high but I might flop real good so I better put a whole lot of money into the pot right now and possibly be pushed out immediatly and maybe if I'm lucky get my money in with 5 hi and 40% equity on the flop".