Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2007, 05:36 PM

Default Re: NCAA Bowl Thread

Wisconsin ain't too bad. Expect them to move up.
Old 01-01-2007, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so, I'm wondering what the common opinion is on this Arkansas-Wisconsin game before the conclusion.

If these teams played 100 times, how many wins would you expect for both squads having watched this game and the match-ups?

my guess is that Arkansas wins 65-70 times.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess wins aren't enough for you. It's this "fluke play", this "ideal matchup". How much would Wisc have to win by to make them legit? 14, more? If Wisc played Tenn, a game you said would be a Tenn "blowout" but Wisc won ugly 17-14 would you say Tenn would "win 65-70 times out of 100"?

How much does OSU have to win by to make you happy? 21, more? If they win by 3 does that mean they're overrated?

What if LSU beats Notre Dame by 7 or less? Are they now overrated?
Old 01-01-2007, 05:42 PM

The Arkansas/Wisconsin announcers are horrible. It's 17-14, Wisconsin has a critical 3rd down with about 2 minutes left. Guy runs the ball to within a foot one way or the other of the first down, and they are blathering on about Ohio St and the Big 10 standings. Just announce the game and shut up about everything else if you don't understand how to work that stuff in during non-critical moments. Pathetic.
Old 01-01-2007, 05:47 PM

Huh? Wisconsin was played off the field today but sucked out a win. What game were you watching?

Arkansas controlled both lines soundly. They outplayed them by about 10 points. A game of inches just happened to go Wisconsin's way more often than one would expect.

Do you seriously think Wisconsin outplayed or evenly-played against Arkansas today?

This wasn't Penn St playing even or slightly outplaying Tennessee. Wisconsin got smoked up and down the field. Arkansas did everything you want from a team to win the game. To borrow from poker, they were making the correct decisions over and over and the good results will normally follow, but not always.

I'm not sure what game many people were watching! I am beyond befuddled when I read the comments here.
Old 01-01-2007, 05:50 PM

Big 10 is just a luckbox. Your just a hater, it's actually pretty pathetic. Big 10 is going to win a lot of the big games, yet you won't shut up about how lucky they always get.
Old 01-01-2007, 05:51 PM

Is the Rose Bowl not going to be in widescreen HD? What's going on here?

edit - nm and stuff
Old 01-01-2007, 05:59 PM

Bowl Records as follow(per conference)through 1/1(pre-BCS):

Big East - 3-0
Pac-10 - 2-2
Big 12 - 3-5
SEC - 4-3
ACC - 2-3
Big 10 - 2-3
Mountain West- 3-1
Sun Belt - 1-1
WAC - 2-0
Mid-American - 1-1
C-USA - 0-4
Independent - 0-1

Big-10 won twice today.

WVU boost Big East to 3-0 with UL vs WF and Cincy vs Western Michigan.

SEC went .333 today with Auburn winning but UT getting upset and Wisconsin beating Arkansas.

Big 12 with another disappointing show by Callahan led Nebraska.

Games tonight: USC vs Michigan and Boise St. vs Oklahoma

I'm seeing a Trojan win and a Bronco win...what?? Of course thats ATS.
Old 01-01-2007, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Big 10 is just a luckbox. Your just a hater, it's actually pretty pathetic. Big 10 is going to win a lot of the big games, yet you won't shut up about how lucky they always get.

[/ QUOTE ]

NO!!!!!!!!!!
Did I not give Penn St credit? Did I not give Iowa credit? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I'm just trying to actually say what I think when I watch the games. I actually look at the lines, the game plan, who is dictating the flow and the action. I look for the precursors of wins. I don't get obsessed over some final result that very often doesn't reflect the underlying game or teams.

I must've missed Arkansas completely shutting down Wisconsin's rush game and making the adjustments to stop the pass as well. I must've missed that Wisconsin was constantly being tackled for losses and having 3rd and long situations (the best predictors of turnovers). I must've missed that Arkansas averaged over 2 yards more per play.

Arkansas did the solid work that leads to victories. Am I not supposed to see that?
Old 01-01-2007, 06:07 PM

I'm not saying Arkansas sucks .. heck they only lost by 3 and to be honest I expected them to put down a game winning drive. But the bottom line is they lost a close game. Wisc. made 2 pass plays in the first half to put up 14 puts and it was enough to win. Sure Ark. outgained and won the turnover battle, they still lost.

Why don't you give Wisc. some credit here. They kept Ark out of the end zone and for the most part shut down McFadden. What's the lowest amount of points Ark scored in an SEC game this year? 21 to Vandy in week 3. The only game Ark scored 14 was the first game of the year, a 50-14 home loss to USC (undermanned roster not withstanding). Against Fla, LSU, Tenn and Aub they scored 28, 31, 31 and 27.
Old 01-01-2007, 06:11 PM

because Wisconsin didn't shut down Arkansas