Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 05:11 PM

Default Re: Dexter 11/25

[ QUOTE ]
azizal put the whole dex taking on doakes thing very, very well. I was under the impression that last night's ep was going to be the season finale for some reason, and am so happy that it was not and was such a sick episode.

I also remember seeing in the previews the announcer said there were only 3 weeks left but I'm not 100 percent sure whether i'm remembering that from Brotherhood or Dexter. Are there still 3 episodes left?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I think that was episode 9. So 10-11-12 left.

As far as Doakes fighting Dexter, they fought on the docks to a standstill and I think Doakes said,"Lab rat my ass" or something to that effect.

I liked the episode. I think the tension they have built is amazing as I said OMG 3-4 times this episode where something completely nuts happened.

I did question the Doakes thing on the dock. I know a S'fer or two and even a good cop and no way a serial killer let, alone a regular suspect gets anywhere near being able to do that in cuffs. Then again it still makes for good TV.

The Lyla thing is not going to end up well......... for Lyla that is. She has to have killed before. She is some kind of crazy black widow or something and I do not really believe that drug addiction thing with her either. She is too much a sociopath. The Angel thing was pretty funny. He and Matsuka are good for the comedy relief even with the Dark places this show goes.

One other thing for some reason I like the sister character more with this relationship with Lundy. They have improved that story line because at one point I really despised even seeing her on screen.

I do not think Dexter kills Doakes. One thing I noticed is that on the previews I think he is dressed differently in that cell. It does not mean much really other then he is in there awhile. Look no further then last week as previews are reverse tells as the opposite pretty much always happens.

I have no idea where the show is heading but it should be fun.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:46 PM

They love to lead us in the wrong direction with the previews, which is fine by me - but I think it means he most likely won't kill dokes.

I could see him brining his tools to the shed to be his way of getting rid of everything, and completely frame dokes.

Sick episode though. Wow.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:47 PM

I bet Dexter will take the time to plant more evidence on Doakes. In the preview they show him taking out his knives -- perhaps to get Doakes' prints on them. If Dexter can make a strong enough case against Doakes, combined with Doakes constantly trying to "set up" Dexter as the killer, Dexter should get off for now. This will create an interesting dynamic next season as Doakes tries to get justice while on trial/in prison.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:33 PM

this is likely a terrible answer, but something that just came to mind...could dexter get rid of both doakes and lila by killing doakes in the standard way (bhb style) and then putting lila there as well and burning the whole place? use lila's history as an arsonist to link her as well as taking the knives etc there and planting fingerprints etc?

maybe a little too similar to the itk ending for season 1 with faking a suicide by the killer...just some random thoughts...
Old 11-26-2007, 08:52 PM

No reason to think this, but I think Lila is gonna take the rap for being the butcher.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:00 PM

a problem with lila being the killer is her ability to have checked the van out from the police evidence area...
Old 11-26-2007, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sick awesome episode.

I thought it was going to be tough topping last season's intensity but they're doing a good encore effort.

The previews make it almost too obvious that Dexter's going to kill Doakes. Gotta think something else unexpected happens before he has a chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sick awesome episode indeed.

The best reason I can see for Dexter actually killing Doakes is that if Dexter is unable to reason with him he will probably have to kill him just to protect himself from being either caught or killed.

Also, if he kills Doakes, and hides his body well (such as it is never found in the gulf stream), then the FBI will continue to think that Doakes is at large. And if more bodies turn up, they will think Doakes is still alive and at it, just really good at hiding on the run.

If Doakes' body is found, any future killings would mean they were wrong and would have to re-open the investigation (if the connection is made).
Old 11-26-2007, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If Doakes' body is found, any future killings would mean they were wrong and would have to re-open the investigation (if the connection is made).

[/ QUOTE ]

Dexter now disposes of his bodies in a place such that the current will carry them a good ways up the east coast.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:46 PM

Dexter emphasized that rule number one was self preservation this episode. I feel that is foreshadowing that he will have an opening in Harrys code to kill Doakes.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is likely a terrible answer, but something that just came to mind...could dexter get rid of both doakes and lila by killing doakes in the standard way (bhb style) and then putting lila there as well and burning the whole place? use lila's history as an arsonist to link her as well as taking the knives etc there and planting fingerprints etc?

maybe a little too similar to the itk ending for season 1 with faking a suicide by the killer...just some random thoughts...

[/ QUOTE ]

no, it's been established the BHB is someone in their department. Like people have said in this thread already, it's basically either Doakes or Dexter taking the fall for this.

I agree with Dexter taking the time to frame Doakes, but unlike last season, I don't think this season is going to end without any loose ends. Theres still 3 episodes left. Think about how much happened in the last 3 episodes last year. Like I said earlier in this thread, I thought this was a weaker episode, however, I think we're in for a wild ride in the last 3 episodes.