Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2007, 08:35 PM

Default Re: Dexter 203

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is by far and away, the best show that is currently on TV. And it's not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, maybe you should start watching more TV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Naw, I'm going to have to agree with shoe on this one. What show is better? Don't count comedies obv.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the show a lot, too.

The Wire

[/ QUOTE ]

The Wire's clearly much better, but it's not on now. It doesn't start until January. I think Dexter is probably the best show on TV right now.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Wire

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never watched it, because I'm pretty sure I don't get the channel so this is possible. This is HBO right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. It's pretty much the best drama ever. I highly suggest you rent the DVDs. You won't be dissapointed.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:44 PM

Looks like my next few days are planned for me burning through 3 seasons of the wire. Thanks for the heads up, I love finding out about good shows after they've been around for a while so I can play catch up.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like my next few days are planned for me burning through 3 seasons of the wire. Thanks for the heads up, I love finding out about good shows after they've been around for a while so I can play catch up.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is not lying The Wire is awesome. It starts slow but man is it great TV. It is my 1b of my favorite shows. In my opinion it is in a statistical tie with Deadwood. However Deadwood is longer on.

On Topic: This Dexter was excellent. This season is going to be top notch if it keeps improving, like it has been.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is by far and away, the best show that is currently on TV. And it's not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, maybe you should start watching more TV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why, just so we can reinforce how bad the rest of the crap on TV is compared to Dexter?

Thanks for the suggestion on the wire though. I may have to check it out.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He is not lying The Wire is awesome. It starts slow but man is it great TV. It is my 1b of my favorite shows. In my opinion it is in a statistical tie with Deadwood. However Deadwood is longer on.

On Topic: This Dexter was excellent. This season is going to be top notch if it keeps improving, like it has been.

[/ QUOTE ]

The next episode looks great. I spoiled myself by watching the entire first season on demand in 2 nights. Now I can't stand the weekly wait. I am in Dexter overload.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:54 AM

Seems SO long since watching episode 2, loving it though really one of the best shows out there.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:49 AM

I agree that Dexter is currently the best show on TV that being said it's competition is very bad and in when the new seasons come out it will be worse than The Wire, The Shield and LOST.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that Dexter is currently the best show on TV that being said it's competition is very bad and in when the new seasons come out it will be worse than The Wire, The Shield and LOST.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Wire, maybe, but IMO it is much better than both The Shield and LOST which the last season for both wasn't as good as the 1st season of Dex.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Wire, maybe, but IMO it is much better than both The Shield and LOST which the last season for both wasn't as good as the 1st season of Dex.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. The Shield is still very good, but no longer as good as Dexter IMO. Never seen Lost, but hard to believe a major network show can a handle. A lot of people really seem to like it though and it has been popular for a long time now, so maybe I should break down and watch season 1 sometime.