Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 03:16 PM

Default Re: The San Diego Fires

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
damn my a/c isn't even keeping the smell of the fires out of my place, it freaking reeks in here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would the A/C keep the smell of fire out? Doesn't it draw air from the outside to use?

[/ QUOTE ]

most ac units have some sort of air filter on them. And alot of towns around SD are telling us to run them, but all it does it let the very small particulates in, so its really worthless
Old 10-22-2007, 03:19 PM

I am in Poway, still waiting on a mandatory evac. If they say go, I will go. If they don't, I will stay. We're actually in a sorta clear spot, bright blue skies straight above. Wall of grey smoke right over the hill in back of our house. Kind of surreal.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:21 PM

I'm in the southwest corner of the evac zone, so I'm staying with friends at UCSD tonight. I don't think I'm at much risk, but I'm worried about my friends who live east.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:29 PM

ucla, what part of poway?
Old 10-22-2007, 03:31 PM

Rancho Arbolitos
Old 10-22-2007, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am in Poway, still waiting on a mandatory evac. If they say go, I will go. If they don't, I will stay. We're actually in a sorta clear spot, bright blue skies straight above. Wall of grey smoke right over the hill in back of our house. Kind of surreal.

[/ QUOTE ]
All of Poway isn't being evacuated? The north end and into RB is ablaze, no? I know Pomerado Hospital evacuated.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
All of Poway isn't being evacuated? The north end and into RB is ablaze, no? I know Pomerado Hospital evacuated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not yet. i'm in the southern part, right below hw56. Poway does stretch pretty far north bordering RB, but I am just south of RPQ, which has been evaced
Old 10-22-2007, 04:32 PM

Carmel valley here- I must be very close to the one poster who said his mom was a few blocks from the southwest corner of the evac. zone.

I have to say, I'm not evacuating yet either. Fires are a good distance from here, and aside from the horrific stench, we're in no immediate danger.

The Highlands shopping center is still open, and the grocery store (ralphs)is a disaster. Traffic on Del Mar Heights rd. is heavier than normal, but not stopped.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:52 PM

Student teaching at Carlsbad High School. Even as far away as we are, the air quality is awful. Everyone wanted to cancel classes, but the superintendent wouldn't do it. Many teachers were evacuated from their own homes, classes weren't being covered.

School IS cancelled for tomorrow though. I live in Oceanside, not a problem for me.

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2007, 04:55 PM

That superitendent should be canned when this is all over. Having school today was BEYOND stupid.

They just added another huge evac area, mostly Scripps Ranch. So basically, I appear to be in a 3 mile pocket or so that isn't being evacuated. Crazy. Hope it lasts. I really don't want to leave.