Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: traz
Exactly what I expected 0 0%
Pretty much what I expected 2 8.70%
Kinda what I expected 2 8.70%
Not really what I expected 11 47.83%
Definitely not what I expected 8 34.78%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 11:45 PM

Default Re: Beat: Absolute is *actually* rigged (serious) (read me)

[ QUOTE ]
i never understood the argument of "Poker Site won't do X because it will harm them if people found out"

as someone who has worked for 7 years in organizations, i can assure you that organizations do all kind of stuff that would harm them tremendously if anyone found out

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree. However, the point here is that the money made from these accounts is so insignificant compared to their overall profits that it doesn't seem at all logical for them to be behind it.

Riverstars and their action flops on the other hand... don't even get me started.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am sending a link to this thread to the AP. Hopefully they write a story about it. Gambling is always a hot topic.

"The Risks of Online Poker"

Site bilks millions from players through illicit means"

[/ QUOTE ]

I see from the zoo posts that you're dumb and annoying, so I'm just banning you in advance to save the incoming trolling.

and now back on topic

no wasn't your quote. just something i see alot on 2+2. i dunno, maybe there's alot of kids on this site who haven't worked for, or had to investigate, organizations.

[ QUOTE ]
I am sending a link to this thread to the AP. Hopefully they write a story about it. Gambling is always a hot topic.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Dunder Mifflin apologizes to valued client. Some companies still know how business is done."
Old 09-15-2007, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-15-2007, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Holy Jaysus!!

Questions:

Is AP a profitable online room? Have they recently run into financial difficulties? Are any of the key shareholders or members of upper management suspected of having serious debts? Are any of the people behind the site suspected of having severe personal vendettas against particular high level regulars on the site?

I think it should be clear what point I am trying to make.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dude, seriously how is anyone going to know the answers to any of these questions

[/ QUOTE ]

I know. I was just trying to make the point that IF absolute was directly involved to any extent - there would have to be some sort of reason behind them doing this.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ahhhh, rhetorical questions ftw

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, QFT.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:48 PM

My guess is someone at AP probably doing it but its not condoned by AP. Like the Masterminds show on court tv were the kid programs for an internet horse betting company who edits some code to allow him to successfully bet on horses and makes a nice income then gets greedy and goes for the big play were you win x amount of races for the day and get a huge payout. He won the huge payout and was later arrested.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no wasn't your quote. just something i see alot on 2+2. i dunno, maybe there's alot of kids on this site who haven't worked for, or had to investigate, organizations.

[/ QUOTE ]

indeed sir.

another thread loaded with fallicious naive thinking from 2+2ers on the subject
Old 09-15-2007, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Holy Jaysus!!

Questions:

Is AP a profitable online room? Have they recently run into financial difficulties? Are any of the key shareholders or members of upper management suspected of having serious debts? Are any of the people behind the site suspected of having severe personal vendettas against particular high level regulars on the site?

I think it should be clear what point I am trying to make.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dude, seriously how is anyone going to know the answers to any of these questions

[/ QUOTE ]

I know. I was just trying to make the point that IF absolute was directly involved to any extent - there would have to be some sort of reason behind them doing this.

[/ QUOTE ]

yup, and that's how you break one of these things down.

list possibilities, assign a probability to each and investigate the most likely scenarios first.

lol at "who would know the answers to these questions". That isn't the point.

[/ QUOTE ]
Alright man so now that you have the possibilities fill me in on how you plan to investigate. We really can't investigate because we do not have the information necessary to begin to answer any of the questions. I understand that he is trying to list all of possibilities of how AP might be involved. There is really no point in doing this because we can only specualte if AP is involved or not. Everyone can have their opinion but how are we to go about figuring out if AP is involved or if this is just individuals that figured out how to hack the site or whatever they did.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:50 PM

was skeptical at first reading this thread but only a boofon wouldnt think something was up with those hand histories.
Closed Thread