Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 03:46 PM

Default Re: Top Chef 9/19

I vote Dale is lame.

The BBC KN show was great, because the peopel are such tards you want Gordon to Gordon them.

Feel like I can assume enough about the Fox version that I do not want.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Casey > Padma zomg! I cannot disagree more!

Padma has actually grown on me personality wise, and that she is incredibly hot, she's the one I would most like to bang and it's not very close.

Theory just put forth by co-worker: Dale wants to bang Hung and knows he cannot, and all his lame "Hung is an [censored]" comments stem from this. I think there is merit in this. Or Dale is actually just really lame.

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

Heheh, this is a funny theory. Remember that episode where Dale won the quickfire and got to have a private dinner with the guest judge? The judge looked soooo uncomfortable and desultory, and Dale looked pretty uptight too. I wonder what was going on there. Maybe Dale is hitting on everyone.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Casey > Padma zomg! I cannot disagree more!

Padma has actually grown on me personality wise, and that she is incredibly hot, she's the one I would most like to bang and it's not very close.

Theory just put forth by co-worker: Dale wants to bang Hung and knows he cannot, and all his lame "Hung is an [censored]" comments stem from this. I think there is merit in this. Or Dale is actually just really lame.

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

Heheh, this is a funny theory. Remember that episode where Dale won the quickfire and got to have a private dinner with the guest judge? The judge looked soooo uncomfortable and desultory, and Dale looked pretty uptight too. I wonder what was going on there. Maybe Dale is hitting on everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I was the guest judge and I knew someone was going to have dinner w/ me, I would never pick a guy to win the quickfire even if all the girls made pig vomit. I wonder if the show sprung that up on the judge as well as Dale. (having dinner)
Old 09-20-2007, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

"Kitchen Nighmares" was garbage, I thought. Zero actual content about how he helped them turn around the place, nothing to say about whether or not the changes stuck. Just a lot of yelling.

Then again, it is Fox. But I really had hoped for something interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree. I wasn't expecting much from Fox but at least figured it would resemble the British version. A cooking/restaurant show that is actually, you know, about the cooking, not about some guy yelling.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:59 PM

GO CASEY!

Yugoslav
Old 09-20-2007, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

"Kitchen Nighmares" was garbage, I thought. Zero actual content about how he helped them turn around the place, nothing to say about whether or not the changes stuck. Just a lot of yelling.

Then again, it is Fox. But I really had hoped for something interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree. I wasn't expecting much from Fox but at least figured it would resemble the British version. A cooking/restaurant show that is actually, you know, about the cooking, not about some guy yelling.

[/ QUOTE ]

A show on Fox as good as the typical BBC show seems pretty unlikely to me, especially on Fox. FWIW, I didn't expect to the show to be about cooking so much as about people and understanding and running a business.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting, I thought, how they differently interpreted "classic." Coq au vin is about as classic as it gets - but what's with giving her a hard time over not using rooster? That's just silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

like Tom said, if she had called it "braised chicken" she would have been golden. plus, "classic" coq au vin can't be done in two hours because of the toughness of the rooster meat. it needs the longer cooking time to break down the tougher meat. nit pickey, yes, but look at the diners and guest judge and tell me that this wasn't something that should have at least been pointed out.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I truly believe she is in the final four because of her looks and because the producers want to keep her around for the male audience.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that were the case, imo, she wouldn't have won as many challenges as she has. She'd be more in Dale's position. If you hear the judges and the people she's serving, they actually do seem to like how she cooks.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, read the blogs. People love her food.

Can you go back and find one ep where she should have been booted?

Also, I'm not sure that bravo's male audience is typically that interested in pretty girls.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was the episode where she was paired with Howie and the other big italian guy where they did a Tuna trio and she had immunity. She would have been booted there without immunity.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Padma or Casey?

[/ QUOTE ]

Casey because I can't stand Padma, she is attrocious.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:06 PM

No beedog pic?

Ban.

-Al