Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2007, 03:03 AM

Default The Logical Implications Of China\'s Lack Of Christianity

Those born in China and many other countries, are much less likely to be or become Christians (and therefore have a good chance to go to heaven) than those born in America. Seems unfair. Christians will reply that anyone who is exposed at all to Christianity, has ample opportunity to embrace Jesus, and that includes the Chinese. And that is obviously true since millions of Chinese have undoubtedly become Christian.

But that STILL doesn't make it fair. Because "non seekers" or whatever you want to call them, in China, will remain unsaved non Christians. But plenty of American "non seekers" will be saved merely due to the fortunate fact that they are born American and therefore Christian. In other words its a lot more difficult for Chinese to find Christianity than Americans.

Thus one of three things must be true.

1. People were predestined before they were born to be saved or not, and what country they were born into is part of that. Not Ready evidently believes this, although he shys away from this subject because he knows even most Christians disagree. But he did once write that "it was no accident that he was born in the southern US" where his beliefs are prevalent. That answer addresses the issue. But it also makes a mockery of the idea that we have choices or free will.

2. People are being punished for the sins of their ancestors. Chinese in the past have historically been non Christian. So God is going to make it harder for their children to be saved. Doesn't seem right to me. How bout you?

OR

3. God doesn't care about being fair or just.
Old 05-11-2007, 03:25 AM

Default Re: The Logical Implications Of China\'s Lack Of Christianity

david: its foolish for anyone (christian and non-christian alike) to try to figure out how God will judge every single situation. All we DO know is that there is (at least) one way to God, and that is the redeeming blood of Christ. Can a non-believer still reach heaven? Maybe, maybe not, but its a choice you have to make. I think if you are honestly searching for God, and desire to do things that are pleasing to God, God will honor that, even if you never are FULLY convinced God exists. The opposite is true as well. Just saying you believe in Jesus, but not actually living in a way that supports that, is meaningless to God.
Old 05-11-2007, 03:38 AM

you misunderstand

jesus died to save us

so weather or not you're a christian, you still go to heaven
Old 05-11-2007, 03:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

you misunderstand

jesus died to save us

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 05-11-2007, 08:11 AM

indeed.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you misunderstand

jesus died to save us

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the other theists on this board disagree with you.
Old 05-11-2007, 03:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
david: its foolish for anyone (christian and non-christian alike) to try to figure out how God will judge every single situation. All we DO know is that there is (at least) one way to God, and that is the redeeming blood of Christ. Can a non-believer still reach heaven? Maybe, maybe not, but its a choice you have to make. I think if you are honestly searching for God, and desire to do things that are pleasing to God, God will honor that, even if you never are FULLY convinced God exists. The opposite is true as well. Just saying you believe in Jesus, but not actually living in a way that supports that, is meaningless to God.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Does this coincide with your past posts?
Old 05-11-2007, 03:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, so if you're a three-year-old kid in western China who gets run over by a truck loaded with Jesus figurines headed for Lynchburg, VA, you've made your gasping last choice and are therefore headed for that Great Big Eternal BBQ. Gotcha.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, so if you're a three-year-old kid in western China who gets run over by a truck loaded with Jesus figurines headed for Lynchburg, VA, you've made your gasping last choice and are therefore headed for that Great Big Eternal BBQ. Gotcha.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't understand the atheist response in this thread. why cant we have a decent, mature conversation without making assumptions and jumping to conclusions? i guess i was wrong to give this forum another chance. have fun with your christian bashing atheist buddies.

and yes david, this is consistent with my previous posts. God will judge everyone justly. whether or not you want to assume you KNOW how God will judge everyone is up to you.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't understand the atheist response in this thread. why cant we have a decent, mature conversation without making assumptions and jumping to conclusions? i guess i was wrong to give this forum another chance. have fun with your christian bashing atheist buddies.

and yes david, this is consistent with my previous posts. God will judge everyone justly. whether or not you want to assume you KNOW how God will judge everyone is up to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, as if your own post isn't filled with assumins' and a-jumpins'.

But your real problem is holding dear the idea that your notion of an undetected sky fairy who gives a [censored] about you is worth giving serious consideration in the first place. It's not even medieval; it's pre-medieval thought. Heck, it's not even thought, it's pre-medieval pining. You wanna live forever, you wanna believe somebody really is in charge, so hey presto! let the hand-waving begin.