Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 03:00 PM

Default Re: 3-betting KQs in the BB.

[ QUOTE ]
donk raises? what does that mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I want to ban some people from 2p2

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-22-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
donk raises? what does that mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I want to ban some people from 2p2

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i can't explain how ironic this is coming from someone that has already had at least one account permabanned. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2007, 04:05 PM

For clarification:

Somewhat loose passive raises, two very loose passive people call, and a good player calls from the SB.

More clear?
Old 10-22-2007, 04:37 PM

I guess I can threebet that. But I don't really like being OOP.

SS had an account permabanned? Shocking.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:18 PM

If they're passive, I would just call. I'm out of position with a hand that is very likely to be dominated. It's got odds to call, but I don't want to raise.

Donk or not, if they're starting with AA-TT, and AK-AJ, I don't like KQs all that much.

[ QUOTE ]
For clarification:

Somewhat loose passive raises, two very loose passive people call, and a good player calls from the SB.

More clear?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-22-2007, 05:40 PM

To me passive means they only raise very premium hands that are likely to dominate KQs. I just call from the BB.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Donk or not, if they're starting with AA-TT, and AK-AJ, I don't like KQs all that much.

[/ QUOTE ]

What the raiser holds doesn't really matter. What matters is whether or not we have higher than 20% equity overall, and thus what kind of hands the coldcallers have.

Okay, just ran the stove sims. If we assign the above range to the initial raiser, any two cards to the two loose coldcallers, AA-22/AJs-A7s/AQo/T9s-65s & any two suited broadway to the "good" coldcaller...well, we have a very slight equity advantage, with about 20.2%. If you assign the first two coldcallers a somewhat more realistic range, then we drop below 20%. So in that light 3betting would actually be incorrect, which quite frankly suprises me and makes me wonder if I set up the sims wrong. Perhaps a wider range for SB?
Old 10-22-2007, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What the raiser holds doesn't really matter. What matters is whether or not we have higher than 20% equity overall, and thus what kind of hands the coldcallers have.

Okay, just ran the stove sims. If we assign the above range to the initial raiser, any two cards to the two loose coldcallers, AA-22/AJs-A7s/AQo/T9s-65s & any two suited broadway to the "good" coldcaller...well, we have a very slight equity advantage, with about 20.2%. If you assign the first two coldcallers a somewhat more realistic range, then we drop below 20%. So in that light 3betting would actually be incorrect, which quite frankly suprises me and makes me wonder if I set up the sims wrong. Perhaps a wider range for SB?

[/ QUOTE ]

OP dubbed them "two very loose passive" players. You don't think they cold call any suited ace? How about AJ?
Old 10-22-2007, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP dubbed them "two very loose passive" players. You don't think they cold call any suited ace? How about AJ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I gave them "any two cards". And even then, we only wound up with an equity advantage of around 0.2%.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:49 PM

I think that KQs will rarely have a pf equity advantage against an EP raiser and a few cold callers. This hand gets most of its value from its implied odds, which depends on the number of opponents and how willing they are to pay us off when we hit a big hand.

The main advantage of a 3-bet, if we felt that we had enough implied odds, is to tie everyone to the pot and this would not even be necessary if they are going to go for the ride anyway.