Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: If you had to describe one Sports poster as an 'idiot trolling,' who would it be?
Aceshigh7 7 87.50%
Someone else 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-04-2007, 11:42 AM

Default Re: Official SHEEP Season - Week 5 (Friday Reveal)

go ahead and drop this score [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-05-2007, 12:23 AM

I know I'm late to this, but 100 is a complete joke. I can't believe people are defending it as a sheep answer, let alone a real one. Those of us in college have several times more than that just on facebook. I know some of you guys are older, but surely you still remember a bunch of your high-school and college friends? I looked back at my high-school yearbook, and I can still name almost 50 people that were not even in my grade. Then there's teachers, relatives, friends' parents, parents' friends, anyone you've ever worked with, your doctor lawyer and accountant, a poker dealer from the taj, that cute cashier at starbucks, etc. Note that I am far from being a social butterfly, and I am certain my number is well over 500, not even counting celebrities. Do you people all live in a cave?
Old 07-05-2007, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know I'm late to this, but 100 is a complete joke. I can't believe people are defending it as a sheep answer, let alone a real one. Those of us in college have several times more than that just on facebook. I know some of you guys are older, but surely you still remember a bunch of your high-school and college friends? I looked back at my high-school yearbook, and I can still name almost 50 people that were not even in my grade. Let alone teachers, relatives, friends' parents, parents' friends, anyone you've ever worked with, your doctor lawyer and accountant, a poker dealer from the taj, that cute girl from starbucks, etc. Note that I am far from a social butterfly, and I am certain my number is well over 500, not even counting celebrities. Do you people all live in a cave?

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 07-05-2007, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know I'm late to this, but 100 is a complete joke. I can't believe people are defending it as a sheep answer, let alone a real one. Those of us in college have several times more than that just on facebook. I know some of you guys are older, but surely you still remember a bunch of your high-school and college friends? I looked back at my high-school yearbook, and I can still name almost 50 people that were not even in my grade. Then there's teachers, relatives, friends' parents, parents' friends, anyone you've ever worked with, your doctor lawyer and accountant, a poker dealer from the taj, that cute cashier at starbucks, etc. Note that I am far from being a social butterfly, and I am certain my number is well over 500, not even counting celebrities. Do you people all live in a cave?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think 1000 is way low, and that was about the upper end of answers.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:50 AM

In some ways, in order to be good at sheep, you must know how to channel your inner retard.

For me, that's not hard.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:43 PM

just to argue on the pro-100 side for the sake of arguing

if its #1 and its valid, then it was the right sheep answer and those who didnt come up with it are just jealous

now if the question asks for something like, a vegetable pizza topping and and the answer is mushrooms, then there is a valid complaint since mushrooms aren't a vegetable.

the simple fact is that 100 is a nice neat number
Old 07-05-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if its #1 and its valid, then it was the right sheep answer and those who didnt come up with it are just jealous

[/ QUOTE ]
It's a good sheep answer if you thought this:

"Well, this is obviously somewhere in the high 3-digit/low 4-digit range, but a lot of people in POG are morons who can't count that high so I should pick something a lot lower just to be safe."

It's a bad sheep answer if you thought this:

"Hmm, let me see, I know some people in my family and from work. I can't think of anywhere else where I could possibly recognize anyone. No way I can name more than 150 people, that's such a big number. Now I need to find a nice round one. Is 150 closer to 100 or 500? Crap, I better look this up."
Old 07-05-2007, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just to argue on the pro-100 side for the sake of arguing

now if the question asks for something like, a vegetable pizza topping and and the answer is mushrooms, then there is a valid complaint since mushrooms aren't a vegetable.

the simple fact is that 100 is a nice neat number

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong

people put 100 because they are lazy