Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2007, 04:17 PM

Default WSOP ME registration - Choice of day 1

Hey guys,

Does anyone know first hand how many people have signed up for the WSOP ME so far and how the starting days are balancing out? Also, when you show up with the $10G at the signup window, are you still being offered a choice between all three starting days? Or have they *locked* certain starting days to balance out the field?

Appreciate all the help.

n8str8.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:25 PM

Default Re: WSOP ME registration - Choice of day 1

Signed up yesterday afternoon, had a choice, chose Day 1C.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:45 AM

I paid up early & requested 1C but didnt get any confirmation - took a zillion phone calls to get thru to someone & they told me if i requested it then thats the day i`ll get & told me not to worry .
Trouble is i am worried , as i cant arrive in Vegas till the day before & if theres a problem i could be screwed ?
Old 06-12-2007, 09:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I paid up early & requested 1C but didnt get any confirmation - took a zillion phone calls to get thru to someone & they told me if i requested it then thats the day i`ll get & told me not to worry .
Trouble is i am worried , as i cant arrive in Vegas till the day before & if theres a problem i could be screwed ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was told the same thing, so at least we have consistent info. FWIW, the person implied that the first confirmation email you get (the one that just repeats your registration info, not the money confirmation) counts as proof that you signed up for a particular day, so just bring a copy of that with you.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was told the same thing, so at least we have consistent info. FWIW, the person implied that the first confirmation email you get (the one that just repeats your registration info, not the money confirmation) counts as proof that you signed up for a particular day, so just bring a copy of that with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not true at all. I have the email that repeats my registration info but I never paid. I'm just paying in cash the day of because I doubt their online system works at all. I would honestly be surprised if they don't foul up a good portion of people's online registrations.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:53 AM

Why would say that something we were told over the phone isn't true? Yah, they could screw it up, but we signed up the way we werw told to (well in advance), we paid (unlike you), and we were told we got the day we requested (albeit with no written confirmation, but at least we have proof of the info we submitted).
Old 06-12-2007, 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would say that something we were told over the phone isn't true? Yah, they could screw it up, but we signed up the way we werw told to (well in advance), we paid (unlike you), and we were told we got the day we requested (albeit with no written confirmation, but at least we have proof of the info we submitted).

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they've screwed up already a number of times. I don't know if you saw but they were giving people the wrong routing number for a number of weeks and their money was lost in cyber space. Also, their online registration system has been down for ages (not sure if it still is) but they don't tell you this until you submit all your info. The site is a piece of crap and people have already reported a ton of problems with it. Harrah's in general has a horrible reputation for quality.

I'm just saying watch out because Harrah's has a reputation for screwing people over. I don't see how you can be content with a verbal confirmation? What are you going to do if they say they don't have your info when you show up... that some guy on the hotline told you it was fine?

The guy in the previous post just mentioned how difficult it can be to talk to someone through that hotline.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:07 AM

Also, the reason I haven't signed up yet is because I don't trust their online system/registration. I fully expect them to lose my info or payment.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:25 AM

Fine, thanks for your opinion. For those of us lucky enough to get through before the website died, though, and who decided to trust the pre-registration process, you have no relevant info. I could worry, but worrying about things I can't control is -EV. So is trying to call the hotline to get them to send a written confirmation (which would probably just be a re-send of our initial registration info, which I already have).

Right now I have proof I tried to sign up for Day 1C, proof I paid and that they recieved payment, and the reassurance that there are other people in the same boat. The odds are overwhelmingly in favor of having no problems, despite Harrah's reputation.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:31 AM

You will probably be fine. Although, I'm just warning you because of the extremely painful experience I had of trying to register with them for almost 3 weeks. I detailed the problems I had with them in another thread.

It is also well documented in other threads that they have given out the wrong routing number for bank transfers.