Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2007, 01:16 PM

Default I call.

Great 20/40 game at the Borg. PF limper is a total calling station and will always see a showdown if he has two cards, chips, and a pulse. He has all three during this hand. The PF 3-bettor is somewhat LP, but sometimes aggro within reason and sometimes tries to push his better hands, but usually backs off when faced with callers/aggression unless he has a monster himself. I have yet to see him 3-bet PF.

I have J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the CO.

Two limps to me, I limp, button raises, SB 3-bets, BB folds, one limper folds, one calls, I call, button calls.

Flop:

T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB bets, limper calls, I call, button folds.

Turn:

3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Bet, call, call.

River:

8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Checked around.

Awful?
Old 04-11-2007, 01:38 PM

Default Re: I call.

I kinda like it. SB played his hand like an overpair, and the limper is trapped between you making it hard to raise him out. I don't think raising the flop or turn does you much good anyway, since you're still behind his range. His river check is probably a scared one with JJ/QQ assuming one of you guys called with an 8 and doesn't want to face a raise. So I don't see much of a value in a bet -- your turn call is essentially in hopes of hitting a 5-outer (you're getting around 8:1, which is fine since 5% of the time or so you'll also have the best hand).
Old 04-11-2007, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
your turn call is essentially in hopes of hitting a 5-outer (you're getting around 8:1, which is fine since 5% of the time or so you'll also have the best hand).

[/ QUOTE ]
only 5%? I think we're giving his 3bet a little too much credit here. I like the river check as well as played. I'd be tempted to raise flop though.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:55 PM

Raise preflop. Bet river.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

only 5%? I think we're giving his 3bet a little too much credit here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm only going off the read that SB backs off when faced with callers. So it doesn't sound like he would fire again on the turn with AK.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-11-2007, 02:32 PM

Does anyone else like folding to PF when it comes back 2-cold to us? (assuming we didn't raise it ourselves)

I know that JTs is a pretty good hand to have 4-handed in a big pot, but we're not closing the action (paying 4 bets really hurts our implied odds) and we'll be trapped in between two players who both seem to like their hands. It seems like often we'll get stuck with a good draw but get whipsawed by SB and Button and have to the pay the max to draw on every street.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:28 PM

Button folded getting 17:1...wierd but i'd not to take any chances and raise that flop myself. That pot is big enough already for us to draw to 5 outs and we got to clear those outs now.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I could have sworn I already replied to this thread saying these exact words. Apparently I didn't, so

Raise preflop. Bet river. I don't think I really need to give an explanation, doing something other than this could merit an explanation though. I haven't read the replies after this one I quoted but I'd be pretty surprised if someone wants to do something different.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:38 PM

Default Results

The SB had AA and the other guy mucked.

I figured the SB had an overpair and checked the river because he was afraid either the moron or I rivered trips.

I was folding the river UI, FWIW. Terrible line?