Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 12:42 AM

Default Re: 3-betting KQs in the BB.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OP dubbed them "two very loose passive" players. You don't think they cold call any suited ace? How about AJ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I gave them "any two cards". And even then, we only wound up with an equity advantage of around 0.2%.

[/ QUOTE ]

oops, misread.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
donk raises? what does that mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I want to ban some people from 2p2

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i can't explain how ironic this is coming from someone that has already had at least one account permabanned. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Snowball said he wants to permaban people from 2p2, not me.

lolz
Old 10-23-2007, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OP dubbed them "two very loose passive" players. You don't think they cold call any suited ace? How about AJ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I gave them "any two cards". And even then, we only wound up with an equity advantage of around 0.2%.

[/ QUOTE ]

try making it any 2 cards MINUS AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AKs,AQs
AKo
Old 10-23-2007, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

try making it any 2 cards MINUS AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AKs,AQs
AKo

[/ QUOTE ]

Your statement has merits and your ideas intrigue me. I wish to subscribe to your newsletter. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2007, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i can't explain how ironic this is coming from someone that has already had at least one account permabanned. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lolz

[/ QUOTE ]

true, but I'm not gonna say who. Strat doesn't need silly drama. We're all about srs biz here.
Btw, I think 3 betting here is crummy with this hand, because even bad opponents will make more off us when they outflop us compared to when we outflop them. KQs makes a lot of 2nd best hands, and we are OOP. Making the pot too big means we have to be more careful about using our reads, and we will usually be showdown bound.

I'd rather see a flop, play from there, when my edge is bigger.

Now if WE DID have a better PF edge, then we'd be giving too much up by not 3 betting.

If UTG has a very wide range, which is doubtful, then we may want to 3 bet, but even then, it's debatable, and it depends on how UTG plays. If he will bet 100% of flops, or often raise our flop leads whether he hit the board or not, then calling becomes pretty attractive. The reason is that when we get a Q hi flop, we can lead out and have him raise to KO the field or charge them a premium price. Or when we flop a big draw or a big hand, we can put everyone in the middle for 2 bets or more.

Anyway, I usually just call here. I think you guys are preflop maniacs and that playing that way will jack up your variance too much, and that isn't really an option for me since I play mostly live, and the longrun at B&M won't hit me until I am collecting social security.

edit: btw OP,
saying "donk raises" means nothing to me and it shouldn't mean anything to anyone else either. Also, it really shouldn't mean anything to you. If the only way you categorize players is "donk" or "tag" or w/e, you are really limiting yourself in your ability to think about your opponents, and you won't be able to make enough proper adjustments.

I wanna know:
How often does he raise preflop?
has he been losing?
has he been there long?
does he bluff a lot?
does he almost always see the river?
does he seem like a regular?

There are even a lot of things u can tell us about him even if you only have like 30 minutes of play with him.
Simply calling him a donk is either lazy on your part or reveals a poor ability to categorize your opponents.

Sorry for the rant, but I know SS can do a lot better than this.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lolz

[/ QUOTE ]

true, but I'm not gonna say who. Strat doesn't need silly drama. We're all about srs biz here.
Btw, I think 3 betting here is crummy with this hand, because even bad opponents will make more off us when they outflop us compared to when we outflop them. KQs makes a lot of 2nd best hands, and we are OOP. Making the pot too big means we have to be more careful about using our reads, and we will usually be showdown bound.

I'd rather see a flop, play from there, when my edge is bigger.

Now if WE DID have a better PF edge, then we'd be giving too much up by not 3 betting.

If UTG has a very wide range, which is doubtful, then we may want to 3 bet, but even then, it's debatable, and it depends on how UTG plays. If he will bet 100% of flops, or often raise our flop leads whether he hit the board or not, then calling becomes pretty attractive. The reason is that when we get a Q hi flop, we can lead out and have him raise to KO the field or charge them a premium price. Or when we flop a big draw or a big hand, we can put everyone in the middle for 2 bets or more.

Anyway, I usually just call here. I think you guys are preflop maniacs and that playing that way will jack up your variance too much, and that isn't really an option for me since I play mostly live, and the longrun at B&M won't hit me until I am collecting social security.

edit: btw OP,
saying "donk raises" means nothing to me and it shouldn't mean anything to anyone else either. Also, it really shouldn't mean anything to you. If the only way you categorize players is "donk" or "tag" or w/e, you are really limiting yourself in your ability to think about your opponents, and you won't be able to make enough proper adjustments.

I wanna know:
How often does he raise preflop?
has he been losing?
has he been there long?
does he bluff a lot?
does he almost always see the river?
does he seem like a regular?

There are even a lot of things u can tell us about him even if you only have like 30 minutes of play with him.
Simply calling him a donk is either lazy on your part or reveals a poor ability to categorize your opponents.

Sorry for the rant, but I know SS can do a lot better than this.

[/ QUOTE ]

we need more posts like this. good job, snowball. a bit over the top, but sometimes that's what it takes.