Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2007, 09:36 AM

Default Re: ***OFFICIAL*** LOST Season 3 Episode 11 Discussion -spoiler free-

I don't know what everyone is raving about. Aside from a couple exceptions, I find my opinion and OOT's opinion of TV shows almost never coincide. I thought this episode was no better or worse than the rest of the season.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:57 AM

Ah, first week I've spent looking into the OOT forums and I find this. I've been a huge Lost fan since I was able to get season 1 on dvd (I missed the first episode of the first season, so I resolved to not watch it until I was able to watch them all in a row).

Anyways, my enthusiasm for the show hasn't really went down. I still look forward to watching it every week. I do think that last nights episode was good.

I kinda relate the flashbacks now as something that the show feels that they have to do, as opposed to something that they need to do. I liked them the first few seasons, but because most of the time it explained the circumstances leading up to the characters getting on the plane from Australia. I'm not sure if I enjoy them as much now as I used to.

A by product of the vast amount of characters and everything is how many different story lines have to be running concurrently. And when something like that happens, your bound to get a bit antsy waiting for one of them to finish up (ie, people got upset cause the rest of the survivors weren't really shown much in the first half of season 3, because the producers wanted to show you what's going on with the Others and Jack/Kate/Sawyer.)

I do like I think where the episodes are going. I think that at the end of the season, it'll all lead up to a point where we'll get to see a big brawl between everyone. We'll see who survives it.

One thing that I didn't like is how they introduced all of these characters from the tail section, and then killed them off one by one so quickly. I really didn't think that they should have killed Mr. Eko. I saw no reason in that and they built him up so much that I thought that he had such a huge letdown when he died. Maybe his death will lead to something huge (I guess you can almost count this last episode as part of that.. but I'm not convinced yet).

I said to a friend as we were watching the episode together that Hurley was so going to kill Sawyer during that ping-pong match. I did love how Sawyer was sulking after Hurley killed him. That was good.

I do admit the two episodes before this one was less than stellular. I thought that the truck ride was kinda weak, but maybe only cause I was expecting huge things in the episode and it kinda disappointed me.

I am looking vastly forward to the next few weeks. Should slowly get better and better, leading up to the confrontation. And yeah, Sayid does kick ass.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:01 AM

I thought this ep was pretty good, but Locke's behaviour was really out of character. For a guy who's dealt with Other hostages before (Ben) - you'd think he would've learned his lesson. Didn't seem right that he turned his back on his hostage.

I liked the writers throwaway line from Sawyer to Nikki "Who the hell are you?"

Introducing yet another character with a philosopher's name was teh ghey. What's next? The smoke monster's name is Plato?

Anyone notice the cat crying at the end? Weird touch.

Is it possible that Danielle was so eager to kill EyePatch because she's also an Other (and thus following protocol)? I think she may have recognized him. Why else would she be so eager to get out of there? Then again, aren't all the Others we've met so far American?

Sayid is the man, and Sun is really hot.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3. Every time those new characters whose names I forget open their mouth I find myself wondering why they bother introduced them. They both seem completely useless. Would anyone notice if they weren't there. I mean what was the point of introducing them so early in the season when they have done absolutely nothing. FWIW I'm glad that they haven't done anything because they are both played by awful actors they're characters seem to have no depth and everytime they speak I want to hit them. Even though they have been useless I think that's good because I would hate to see them get an important role unless something makes them intersting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, I've mentioned this a couple of times before, but it's worth noting again, these two really suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

My theory on those two is they're supposed to give us some insight in to what the "other losties" are thinking. Remember how annoyed they got at the beginning of the season because they never got included, etc? They're a little balance. I hope they never get more involved than they are. They're pretty terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

These people were introduced because a ton of people were bitching that there weren't any new characters and we only knew a few of the LOSTies.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:10 AM

If Danielle is an Other, that would be a very interesting story hitch. It would have me completely surprised, especially with all the hoopla around concerning her daughter and why she's calling Ben dad and all that.

I forgot to mention the few new characters. I really thought at first that they were introduced because they were on the island but never had a role, meaning they were going to die soon (remember the guy who was in one episode in season 1 that blew up from the dynamite.. can't even remember his name now).

Locke's behavior was really weird. I wasn't sure what to make of it, but I knew as soon as he left the room that the guy would get free. Dumb Locke.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:16 AM

Speculation for next week (in white), including a spoiler about who's the flashback character:

<font color="white">The previews say that a connection between two people on the island will be revealed. It's a Claire flashback, so I'm guessing it'll be revealed that Claire is Jack's half-sister. Remember in S2. E20 ("Two for the Road." Ana Lucia episode) that Christian went visit his daughter in Sydney, Australia, the same place Claire is from?
Old 03-08-2007, 10:50 AM

ok, i watched it at 5 this morning...so it is admittedly hazy.

was eye patch's station the communication and power hub? if so; the others will have lost their creature comforts and will also now be huddled around fires/torches etc. (i might have made this up).

also; anyone else find it strange that in the last two weeks; they've found an old car in the woods and a ping pong table?

hurley mentioned that it "might have come from when the hatch exploded" but it seemed to be wierd phrasing to me.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Speculation for next week (in white), including a spoiler about who's the flashback character:

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I had totally forgot about this. I had said that a few months ago while watching the season 2 dvd that something wasn't right and that was my guess, but I really do think you hit the nail on the coffin. Something else happened in that episode that led me to believe that as well.

Anyone remember the exact episode number to this one?
Old 03-08-2007, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you hit the nail on the coffin.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol mixed figures of speech
Old 03-08-2007, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sun is really hot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Completely agree!