Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2006, 04:37 PM

Default Meh middle pairs

Stars 5/10

Loose bad player limps MP, 26/18 Tag raises otb, I call with A5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in BB.

Flop is Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Checked to Tag who bets, I CR, folded to Tag who 3bets. My plan?

-----------------

Hand #2
Same exact preflop action, I call in BB w/ K8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

flop is Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
checked to Tag who bets, I C/R, folded to villian who calls

Turn is 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I bet he calls
River is 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I bet he raises...
Old 12-31-2006, 05:55 PM

Default Re: Meh middle pairs

It would help in hand 2 to know what he 3bet w/ on the flop in hand 1. But I know you don't want to give away the results.
Old 12-31-2006, 05:58 PM

1. call-fold ui

2. you're beat every single time here IMO.
Old 12-31-2006, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. call-fold ui

2. you're beat every single time here IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with Leader 90%. Hand #1- I'm not sure if we should be peeling this turn also getting 7.5:1. With the FD out there a Tag might play AK this way along with many other hands that we have 5 outs against.

If we call the turn it looks like we are SD bound so we can C/F that street with confidence
Old 12-31-2006, 10:28 PM

Hand 1. One of the rare flops I'll donk. Having checkraised, I'll call the 3bet, and c/c the turn, type "What've you got?" in the chat box and c/f the river.

Hand 2. Dry board. You c/r. He comes along and slaps you on the river. Give it up.
Old 01-01-2007, 02:39 AM

Both these hands were played well. My general plan for Hand 1 is to call the flop 3bet and check/call a non heart turn UI and usually check/fold the river UI if the tag bets again.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:44 AM

1. c/c turn, c/f river.
2. My gut rxn was to 3 bet, but folding is probably correct. I take his line sometimes when I have AQ/ KQ and I don't want to deal with a turn three bet. His range has to be these one pair hands and 77. And 77 is statistically less likely. Of course, he doesn't always fold his one pair hands (depends on how he actually plays, and how u've been acting) and he only sometimes raises the river instead of playing flop or turn quicker.

River bluff three bets are pretty rare, which is why I think this is a viable option. Calling seems bad to me.
Old 01-01-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. c/c turn, c/f river.
2. My gut rxn was to 3 bet, but folding is probably correct. I take his line sometimes when I have AQ/ KQ and I don't want to deal with a turn three bet. His range has to be these one pair hands and 77. And 77 is statistically less likely. Of course, he doesn't always fold his one pair hands (depends on how he actually plays, and how u've been acting) and he only sometimes raises the river instead of playing flop or turn quicker.

River bluff three bets are pretty rare, which is why I think this is a viable option. Calling seems bad to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that you mentioned the idea of 3betting the river gets bonus points in my book and I like your reasoning for it too. Very nice post.
Old 01-01-2007, 01:31 PM

i call/ ck fold UI in one and hand 2 sucks for sure but its a fold i think. i like the 3bet bluff here actually but its an option i never really think about at the table and would be unlikely to try unless i thought this tag took raise fold lines (many dont) it does seem like he has KQ or something tho, him raising a limper with a two pair hand containing a 7 that called ur turn bet seems unlikely (87 probably folds the turn, and Q7s probably isnt in his range?).
Old 01-01-2007, 05:13 PM

I'm glad Miles isn't around to say "I think you were button".
I had KQ both hands; wasn't sure which I liked better. I think vs. myself the flop 3bet is probably better, but that's just me. Vs. a river 3bet I don't know; just figured that wouldn't happen enough to really worry about. 27off is pretty much dead on with respect to my range though.