Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2007, 10:10 AM

Default DOJ + Neteller agreement (second source???)

I found this today, does anyone have a second source? This article implies that Neteller is talking to the DOJ to allow withdraw of US customers' funds.

Link

JAque
Old 02-01-2007, 12:53 PM

Default Re: DOJ + Neteller agreement (second source???)

I just read this article and it seems like it's a legit statement. I luckily have no money sitting in my NETeller account, as it is on my FT account instead. However, I had a ? regarding something besides this story. Can U.S. customers still make a deposit via "Visa" on FT, has anyone tried this yet? And if so, what are the ways to withdrawal your funds after you want to cash out?
Old 02-01-2007, 01:13 PM

You can make desposit through visa gift cards in terms of with drawing there working on something. So i would be patient.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:29 PM

In my case, I have a debit card issued to me linked to my bank account, it is a VISA, so it would work to deposit on FT, right? I know it says that due to Visa's new policy, the money can't be withdrawn and put back onto your card, so I guess we'll have to wait for them figure out the withdrawing process.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:49 PM

What Neteller could do is simply interplead all of the american accounts into the court. Wire whatever they are holding and then let the courts and the DOJ figure it out. This is not a great solution as the courts and the DOJ are not prepared to administer the disbursements, but it would rid neteller of the burden. Neteller is toast due to all of the negative publicity this has caused, anyway.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I found this today, does anyone have a second source? This article implies that Neteller is talking to the DOJ to allow withdraw of US customers' funds.

Link

JAque

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait... that writer is quoting his Boss as source?.... [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2007, 12:05 AM

the money is not "literally held hostage" because there are no demands.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Link

[/ QUOTE ]

Although I have no evidence except my business experiance and reading the news for 20+ years, if the report is true it is likely that the DOJ is negotiating a setelement similar to the PayPal agreement a few years back where the IRS was able to audit their books, and tax cheats were hunted down byt he IRS.

Get ready for phase two of the governments war on gambling - The Audits are coming - and its my opinion that Neteller will comply if the IRS comes knocking.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2007, 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Link

[/ QUOTE ]

Although I have no evidence except my business experiance and reading the news for 20+ years, if the report is true it is likely that the DOJ is negotiating a setelement similar to the PayPal agreement a few years back where the IRS was able to audit their books, and tax cheats were hunted down byt he IRS.

Get ready for phase two of the governments war on gambling - The Audits are coming - and its my opinion that Neteller will comply if the IRS comes knocking.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm not mistaken, some time ago - long before Frist and company were widely discussed on these boards - Neteller stated that they would be willing to open their books to the IRS. I can't quote a source since it's been so long, but I do recall reading that somewhere.