Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 08:32 PM

Default Lost with weak overpair 3-way...

SB is a loose unpredictable regular 29/15/2.2, BB is a huge fish 53/10/2.
Should I have raised instead of calling to try to isolate fish and also find out where I am at? As played now what?
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $283.15
CO: $194.35
urbanati: $266.60
SB: $292.50
BB: $173.40

Pre-flop: (5 players) urbanati is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">urbanati raises to $7</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($21, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets $11</font>, urbanati calls, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $31</font>, BB calls, urbanati...
Old 11-13-2007, 08:36 PM

Default Re: Lost with weak overpair 3-way...

Definitely raise flop. Your call looks weak and SB could easily be raising a flush draw or straight draw. I would fold now that you have reached this point because your money isn't getting in good pretty much ever, and you are filled with reverse implied odds, because if your hand is good it'll be hard to tell, and you don't know what cards are 'safe'. Actually, the more I think about it SB never has a draw, and pretty much always has you beat here, unless he has a combo draw. He must know BB is calling his raise, so it is for value. So, easy muck.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:37 PM

just fold, but I prob raise first time around
Old 11-13-2007, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Definitely raise flop. Your call looks weak and SB could easily be raising a flush draw or straight draw. I would fold now that you have reached this point because your money isn't getting in good pretty much ever, and you are filled with reverse implied odds, because if your hand is good it'll be hard to tell, and you don't know what cards are 'safe'. Actually, the more I think about it SB never has a draw, and pretty much always has you beat here, unless he has a combo draw. He must know BB is calling his raise, so it is for value. So, easy muck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty spot on analysis IMO.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:47 PM

Given your line, fold. Check 3x raise vs 2 behind w/ 1 fish is most likely a lure. I think I have stats on you somewhere and I remember you being an aggressive thinker.

But like others said, I'd raise the flop. BB is probably fishing with a 7 with that type of donk bet. If you get RR'd again, you'd know where ur at.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just fold, but I always raise first time around

[/ QUOTE ]